[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying a p38. Anyone else here use it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1876_4668.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1876_4668.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
Thinking about buying a p38. Anyone else here use it for a daily driver?
>>
I work in Jaguar and Land/Range Rover parts

Used to wreck out P38s but we stopped buying them.

They are fucking pigs, everything goes wrong with them to the point where we can't sell parts for the car. The only things we can sell is interior trim because by the time people sell their cars for scrap. They're either blown up or not a single things works on it anymore.

If you're looking for a english 4wd as a daily, The Disco 2 is becoming cheap and are very reliable. The things that are uncommon but does happen to go wrong with them is usually the ABS Modulator, Air Con Compressor and for some reason the brake master cylinder reservoir orings, RHF Window Reg and the wiper plenum will crack if it's an old car and gets hit by a decent size rock. Other than those, they're bulletproof.

You're probably thinking, "That's a lof of shit to go wrong" It's not, these things are pretty rare That's just what we tend to sell a lot of.

The V8s and the TD5s are both good engines surprisingly, I despise desiel motors but that's a good one

If you are going to get a Disco 2
Get a Disco 2A, That's the update model with improvements like a better trans, calipers, intercooler (TD5) and other shit

>I actually hate Land Rovers
>>
>>16323189
How are the Classics? (I think that's what they call the RRs before the p38)

Seems like if I was looking for something like OP I'd consider a Classic before a p38. Likely simpler so less to break.
>>
>>16323189
>Get a Disco 2A
My gf had one of those in high school. It had problems with the electrical system and alarm really bad.
>>
>>16321626
Anything British made is a fucking money pit.
>>
>>16323484
this christmas was mighty expensive with my british gf, I must say
>>
>>16323451
even worse
>>
>>16323616
Interesting. I'd think they'd be so simple that when something breaks you'd just replace it with a better part and be good to go. No complex electrical and shit. I guess I'm wrong. Obviously I know nothing about them.
>>
>>16323635
> Range Rover
> Simple
Pick one. Want something simple? Get a Defender.

Want something reliable? Old Hilux.
>>
>>16323189

OP here. Thanks, this is really useful info. I've already been on rr.net for a little bit scoping out a few threads, but I wanted to get some insight on here too. I love the look of the p38's, but have heard literally nothing but bad things about them. I can handle most of the work on my own so that wouldn't be an issue, I guess it's more of how much bullshit I'm willing to put up with. You really don't see many on the road these days which probably says a lot.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.