[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just spent nearly $2,000 to get my CEL off. Good for a week,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 17jcrl.jpg (3KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
17jcrl.jpg
3KB, 150x150px
Just spent nearly $2,000 to get my CEL off.

Good for a week, now my CEL is flashing.

what did they do, and whose ass should I kick?
>>
>>16321457
Not enough information
>>
your own, for getting screwed so easily
>>
>>16321457
Why didn't you have the codes run at autozone? Why do you expect us to know what it is without having the codes checked? Why did you shell out two grand before finding out what the problem was?
>>
>>16321457
Fuck you for not coming to us first. Take your complaining to reddit.
>>
black sharpie is a bit cheaper and will keep that CEL gone.
>>
>>16321457
> $2,000
If you paid that. I assume it was a legitimate shop. They have warranty service. If they won't honor it. File a complaint. If you paid for the CEL to be cleared properly, they have to honor it
>>
>not working on your own car

You done goof'd
>>
>>16321555
>talking to friends mom
>she tells me cars are finicky even modern ones
>ask her why?
>shop she takes her car to couldn't figure out what was causing her CEL
>they "saved" her a lot of money by just putting electrical tape over the bulb
They charged her for diagnostic and told her "nothing was wrong" and they gave her the "cheapest fix" instead of going through and replacing "every piece till they figured out what was wrong."
>>
Should probably take adult initiative.

Learn what's going on and what you're paying for instead of just handing your debit card to the mechanic (clearly you are too stupid to use a credit card so I assume you use debit).

CEL can be useless emissions shit. My CEL has been on for 5 years and it's increasing my car's power because it's a blocked egr. Zero point to fix.

Scanners are $5-30 or AutoZone read codes for free. You have google to see what the code is. These entire diagnostics system is designed to help you know what's going on with your car. You ignored it because you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>16321457
Flashing cel is gonna be a misfire. Need more info to figure out what they did.
>>
>>16321605
thats like my gf. Her mechanic only ever did her oil changes. She goes to sell the car and I'm going over it, timing belt was never done in 220,000km's, wheel bearing was messed up, car is burning coolant and oil, probably headgasket, her tires were underinflated, exhaust was rusting in some places and when we first started dating she had to get it fixed because the flex pipe rusted out, alignment was wack because of the tire wear happening.

the only things that got noticed on her car was the glovebox and AC system because that's all she noticed was going wrong with the car.
"anon this little red lamp light went on in my car, what should I do?"

"my mechanic is great, I never spend much money there."

just filled the fucker with coolant and oil before she sold it and called it a day. poor fucker that bought it probably had no idea.
>>
>>16321457
>Just spent nearly $2,000 to get my CEL off.
>Good for a week, now my CEL is flashing.
>what did they do

Is this another one of those absolute minimum info troll posts trying to trigger people? No car make and model? No year. No other probs mentioned? No background? No foreground. No mention of anything you did other than spend money?

A lot of those past troll posts also have a "whose ass should I kick" line in them.
>>
File: 1457109896183.gif (354KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457109896183.gif
354KB, 240x200px
>>16321457
don't buy a volkswagen next time
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.