[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2000 2.5 RS AUTOMATIC Should I go for it? Will anyone actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 00r0r_6hfeBdfx2B4_600x450.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00r0r_6hfeBdfx2B4_600x450.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
2000 2.5 RS
AUTOMATIC
Should I go for it? Will anyone actually give a fuck that this "sporty" car isn't a manual?
>>
Maybe if you want to mudrace and need dat torque converter. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>16321340
It'd be fun but I'd like to not destroy my car.
>>
>>16321328
>Will anyone actually give a fuck that this "sporty" car isn't a manual?
Yeah, you.
>>
>>16321387
They're pretty sturdy for that sort of thing within reason. But if your version of "sport" means on the road then you will live thinking
>damn I should have gotten the manual
>>
>>16321328
>>16321328
how much is the seller asking?

its pretty easy to find a manual
>>
>>16321328
DO NOT DO IT

YOU WONT HAVE THE SAME FEELING

unless its your daily driver and there is a lot of uphills
>>
>>16321415
1800 BUT a blown head gasket.

>>16321415
It's pretty hard to find 2.5 RSs for cheap, this one is a good price and good condition

>>16321440
I'm a daily driver, and have never driven a manual so I wouldn't know what I was missing. I know I'm a bitch for only having driven automatic.
>>
>>16321473
Head gasket isn't a big deal as long as the thing's not broken and you just need to get a revised gasket in.

Treat yourself to a manual. This is the perfect kind of an old car to learn on.
>>
>>16321483
I'll definitely think about it
>>
>>16321483
Agreed. Having owned both 4EAT and 5MT Subarus, i can say they both have their merits.
The autos are virtually tanks assuming they've been maintained.
The manuals...aren't the most enjoyable to row through, but definitely a good starting point.
>>
>NOT getting a manual
what is wrong with you
>>
>>16321772
Short shifter on a 5MT and the right gear oil so it doesn't feel like you're trying to solve a maze full of peanut butter makes it so much better.

And then when you learn to flick it around like nothing everything else feels like skinny dipping in the pool.
>>
>>16321775
Young buck doesn't know mane. The auto does get boring in due time.
>still missing my auto Legacy wagon
>>
>>16321788
The factory 75W-90 gear oil on its own its great until it starts to break down. Got any recommendations for a shifter kit? Was thinking about changing bushings..
>>
>>16321799
If kartboy is still in business that's a solid bet. I liked it shorter but my version came apart on the road and really made it difficult to figure out where the gears were. Every bushing I messed with was underrated (transmission mount a best tho)

As for the gear oil, I will vouch for Uncle Scotty's cocktail. 50% Mobile 1 and 50% Redline Shockproof Superlight. I was like holy shit even the synchros work now :D
>>
It's a pretty car but flawed from the factory. Get something more reliable. Preferably something without the entire engine hanging out in front of the front wheels.
>>
>>16321775
I'm not opposed to either transmission just getting opinions. It's the cheapest I've found, too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.