[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't anyone tried to make a 2 stroke gas job using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Fourstroke.jpg (35KB, 265x192px) Image search: [Google]
Fourstroke.jpg
35KB, 265x192px
Why hasn't anyone tried to make a 2 stroke gas job using diesel style techniques? Gas direct-injection is starting to become a thing now and that was really the only difference between gas 2-stroke and Diesel 2 stroke, how the fuel and Air get in and out of the cylinder. Of course this wouldn't make sense from an economical standpoint for shit boxes, but having double the power output for performance Vehicles especially with smaller engines certainly would be more appealing than having to boost them to the Moon or have cylinders that can displace more air than the size of the fuel tank.
>>
Nobody wants to drive around sounding like the lawn crew.
>>
>>16319952
You wouldn't need a cone exhaust with a diesel style 2 stroke because it doesn't rely on backpressure to keep thr charge in the cylinder. Each one would sound exactly like a 4 stroke except like the rpm is 2x higher. Listen to a 2 stroke diesel; at 3 grand it sounds like it's screaming at 6k
>>
>>16319976
Yeah actually I love when the cement guys come around because they use those 2-stroke Detroit Diesels that sound like sex even at half mast. Sounds way different from a 4-stroke.

I presume there's more work to be done with emissions and regulations and public perception and supply chain and everything else before it would be viable for mas market cars.
>>
One word: emissions.
>>
SR50 DITECH
>>
http://www.allpar.com/neon/stroke.html

>Monobloc
>Direct injection
>Uniflow scavenged

:(
>>
>>16319927
They have realy bad emissions because the oilfilm is always ripped apart on the intake ports.
>>
>>16322955
That's... no.
It's their nature to push a little more fuel/air mixture out the exhaust than a 4-stroke. More unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust. That's why resonant exhausts are a thing on loop scavenged 2-stroke gas engines.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.