[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

waddup /o/ So I've got an 06 WRX hatch. Love the thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: saab93-1-624x468.jpg (102KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
saab93-1-624x468.jpg
102KB, 624x468px
waddup /o/

So I've got an 06 WRX hatch. Love the thing and I've dailyed it for a year. But it's also a little pricey to upkeep and I've wanted to learn how to wrench anyway, so I'm thinking I'm gonna grab a daily to practice working on and probably to daily.

I'd like to spend ~$1-$2k on something in good running condition. Don't care about the interior. Would really like something that's small, if not fun (RWD or maybe just a convertible). Initial ideas are:

-99-02 Saab 9-3 SE
-Mitsubishi Eclipse V6
-90s-00s shit, obviously
-This beautiful Geo Prizm:
https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5916601316.html

If I bump the price up, maybe:
-Miata if I get lucky
-80s-90s Mustang, hopefully GT
-Prelude
-Maxima

My question really is: are there any fun, cheap base price cars that aren't bad to learn how to fix with a decent aftermarket? The time/effort part isn't too much of a worry for me, I'm just asking to dodge something that'll put me in a casket
>>
I take your silence as "buy a Civic," /o/

that's no fun
>>
File: 21634940028_large.jpg (28KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
21634940028_large.jpg
28KB, 575x431px
>>16316935
Corolla
>>
>>16316935
>cost to upkeep one car is too expensive
>"I know! I'll get a beater!"
>now you have 50-75% more upkeep
This makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
>>
File: sderfffffffgggg.jpg (51KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
sderfffffffgggg.jpg
51KB, 800x533px
>>16317300
Not if he gets a corolla
>>
>>16317300
More effort, yeah. But I'd be driving the WRX half as much, and I'll be saving money if I get anything out of learning to do repairs myself. Anything past that I'm OK with spending as a hobby.

Only cost I'm really worried about is insurance, honestly.

>>16317290
>>16317305
Noted!
>>
Bumping again for the hell of it.
>>
>>16317435
Just keep driving the wrx and learn to wrench on that. A second car is not going to save you money.
>>
How's the 06 hatch OP?
The wagons are the fucking most beautiful of the WRX's, so annoyed when they canned them.
>>
get a tdi
>>
File: IMG_20160920_191107.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160920_191107.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>16318223
The thing is love so far. I'm someone who likes spartan, fun little cars and I've never driven anything more enjoyable. The last owner replaced the flywheel and it's reeeally twitchy at low speeds (which has been interesting to learn stick in) but jesus it's fun as all fuck when I let it go. Practical too, I used it to move in one trip somehow. Paranoid something is gonna blow soon in it since it's been pretty nice to me so far.

I preferred the blob eye look when I started looking but I'm glad the hawkeye was the design for the best year. Love it, man.

>>16318092
Definitely still considering that, but I tend to learn best by throwing myself headfirst into things and fucking up. A safe hunk of crap is probably a better idea for me; I'd rather blow $1500 on a failed experiment than... Still have to spend $1500 and have my WRX in pieces or shitting itself because I drained my transmission fluid instead of my oil and didn't put in enough oil or put transmission fluid in the oil tank after accidentally both. I've got 0 faith in myself.

>>16318318
Would probably get a VR6 instead, I think my colleague is trying to get rid of his. Hate VWs, though, my grandpa gave me his babied 91 Jetta which blew its tranny within a year that I got it.. Engine mounts and the exhaust were already rusted out too. Thing only had 80k miles on it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.