[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo can you guys give me some sort of idea of whats wrong with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1456851477053.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1456851477053.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
yo can you guys give me some sort of idea of whats wrong with my car? so in the morning or after work or when ever im gone from my car for more than 5 hours of so my car takes like a legit second to start up and then today after work my car would not turn on. no lights worked, wouldnt even make a fuckin sound. my boss jumped it for me and all through out today it has worked with me turning it off and back on. went to auto zone cause i thought i was my battery but the battery works fine and they said the connection with the alternator or what ever was fine. they have no idea whats wrong and why my car did that. im thinking its electrical or bad wires, or even computer problems. any ideas?
>>
>>16315980
How long is your commute?
>>
>>16315992
like 20 minutes
>>
>>16315995
Ok so that's long enough to charge the battery. Get it tested again at a different place. It's gotta be the alternator or battery.
>>
>>16315980
You could have a parastic battery drain somewhere in your electricals. You can check for this with a multimeter or ammeter.
>>
>>16316018
was gonna try and take it to a mechanic on Thursday. i thought it was the battery too but the guy at auto zone said my battery was perfectly fine. when they test the battery they also get a signal from the alternator forgot what the shit was called and he said it was doing fine too. one of the guys working there had the same idea i had which was maybe the connection for the battery or.
>>
Spark plugs and wires, also physicaly check the date on the battery. Don't believe what (((they))) tell you. All batteries have a well marked date on them somewhere, check it.
>>
>>16316079
Nah it's not a connection problem. I second parasitic draw
>>
>>16316095
>>16316068
but what could be stealing that much power?
>>
>>16316099
Did you recently add a radio or alarm? Or a shitily installed sub?
>>
>>16316110
nah none of that
>>
>>16316126
Hook up a multimeter and pull fuses until the current draw goes away. Watch a YouTube video on how to hook it up.
>>
>>16316099
Could be lots of things. Chafed wire somewhere, stuck relay, problem with the alternator, lots of things. Best course of action would be to do this >>16316135 and try to track it down that way. Keep in mind that your car will probably have some small amount of current draw even when off, probably around 50-200 mA.
>>
>>16316161
does it give you a location as of wherethe proble is?
>>
>>16316178
It gives you the circuit once you find the right fuse. Then you look at the wiring diagram and inspect the car.
>>
>>16316178
Not really a location, but it will tell you the circuit where the problem is. Heres a diagram of a car fuse box, you should have something like this in your manual. Basically you hook up your meter in series with the cars ground cable to battery and check current draw with everything off. If its high, you probably have a parasitic drain, unless you left something on in the car. To track it down and fix it, you pull fuses until you pull one that makes that number drop down to an acceptable level. Then you try to trace that circuit to find whats causing the problem. Then you fix or replace whatevers fucked.
>>
>>16316210
ill go buy one tomorrow. i hope its nothing thatll cost to much. alternator shouldnt be more than 200 hundred but idk about bad wiring. funny enough ive only had this car for a week lol. fuck me right
>>
>>16316241
nvm found one in the shed. ill go on youtube and check up how to do this
>>
Thread still up ay. So I started my car this morning and it took about 2 - 3 seconds to turn. I really have no idea what's goin on with this thing. Electrical shit inside worked. Lights and everything
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.