[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me being unfamiliar with this, I must ask. Is everything listed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Me being unfamiliar with this, I must ask. Is everything listed here what I need to replace my front disc brakes?

Brake rotor(2)
Bracketed brake caliper-passenger-driverside
Brake pads(4)
Brake disc hardware kit
Brake grease
>>
You want a brake bleeder kit and new fluid too if you're replacing your calipers.
>>
>>16314813
OP here, what's is the fluid called?
>>
>>16314825
Uh, brake fluid? Look up what your car uses. Depending on how old the fluid is you might need to completely bleed out the old fluid or just add a bit more once you've bled the air out of the lines.
>>
File: images.png (5KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 265x190px
>>16314825
>whats the fluid called?
>op literaly has the fluid name is his post
>op couldn't put 2 and 2 together
What a fucking idiot.

I'm not even going to ask why you are replacing your calipers
>>
You might need for instance a bolt to thread in to break the rotor off since they get corroded on easy. Also never seize for reassembly so it comes apart easily next time (this also works as brake grease in a pinch if you get the high temp stuff)

You'll probably want paper towels and some cleaning solution for when you get shit in your brakes. They make special brake cleaner, but really even just simple green or some other such thing will get it done simply and close enough at low toxicity.

Also plan on an afternoon rather than a lunch break if it's your first time. Once you've done it once you can do it again much faster and easier. And include time to bed them in.
>>
>>16315109
OP, yes i'm an idiot. I'm just getting stuff that Big o tires told me was needing to be replaced. They said rotors and calipers both sides. Do I really need to replace the calipers? Should I just replace the rotor and brake pads?
>>
>>16316579
WAIT DID YOU BUY FUCKING CALIPERS FOR A REGULAR BRAKE JOB LMAO
>>
>>16316579
The only time you need to replace calipers is if they are seizing. Meaning the brake pad gets stuck to your rotor causing smoking from the wheels and a horrible burning smell.
>>
>>16316646
>tfw red light
>why do my brakes suck
>why do they make so much noise and not work
>fuck why do they stink
>when is the light going to turn green there's no wind and a goddamn plume of smoke is coming from my wheel well
>why is this happening to me
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.