[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here an Uber driver? How do you like it? Is it better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: New-Logo-Vertical-Dark.jpg (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
New-Logo-Vertical-Dark.jpg
142KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone here an Uber driver? How do you like it?

Is it better than $10/h entry job?
>>
>working as an independent contractor for a company that wants to take you out of the loop as soon as they can

I would never count it as a main job. Destroy your car, get treated like shit, have to do your own taxes. Too much of a hassle for main income.
>>
>>16311980
>Anyone here an Uber driver?
No.
>Is it better than $10/h entry job?
No.
>>
>>16311980
My step dad does it daily after he retired and makes nearly $15-20 an hour. Really depends on where you live. 80% of his calls are airport trips
>>
>>16311980
Depending on where you live you could net up to about $25 an hour, but I think the national average is around $15. If you're good at city driving, then it could be more rewarding than working for $10/hr at McStore Co. If you're nervous or think you risk colliding with a car or vehicle then don't do it, as you'll have dug yourself a neat hole.
>>
>>16312868
I heard that the only places you can make a living doing that are in NYC, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
>>
>>16312868
this probably... I live in LA and I know people who make a grand a week... Most choose Lyft though due to performance bonuses
>>
>>16311980
>Is it better than $10/h entry job?

I wouldn't know, I was making almost that much in the 3rd grade. Never worked a McJob.

Even if you make $25 an hour you have to factor in the wear and tear on your car. Do it full time and enjoy your clapped out daily driver at 100k miles.
>>
>>16315114

This, also consider that the car has to be a certain age to qualify (10 years or newer) so cheap, dependable shitboxes will largely be out of the question and you'll have to look at newer stuff that costs more.
>>
>>16315114
I have an 08 civic sedan with 150k miles

Im thinking about doing it part time
>>
>>16315199

Yeah. Most lease and finance contracts won't let you use it as a Taxi or Uber and even if you buy it up front nobody will want a ex-Uber car so kill any resale value goodbye.
>>
>>16315217

I wouldn't do it with a car that old and that many miles. If you want to destroy your car, enter it in a $10k demo derby.
>>
>>16315217

your gonna put miles on that car like a semi truck, prob make shit for money after the maintenance you are gonna be doing monthly. I'm pretty sure they don't reimburse fuel.
>>
>>16315199

Actually the requirements are 2001 and newer, 4 doors and no salvage title.

You can find a shitbox Honda Accord for this task for a pretty cheap price
>>
>>16316965
Some states say 10 years or newer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.