[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

late to the party is the ultimate worth it? general /o/vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

late to the party
is the ultimate worth it?
general /o/vidya thread

wanted prices to go down as I've been really busy and havent played games the past few months
>they havent
dont want to wait for an extra $20 now that I have free time again
>>
>xbox

sorry im a non faggot. whats a good racing game for pc
>>
>>16306278
Car pass and VIP membership are worth it, if you have the money and liked either of the previous Horizon games I'd get it. It is NOT optimized well for PC AFAIK but the One version runs pretty well.
>>
>>16306281
it's on pc too...
>>
>>16306357
It's one of the worst PC ports to ever exist.
>>
>>16306355
>>16306451
I have a pretty new build with a 390x so I should be okay regardless
>>
File: 1435687265921.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435687265921.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16306451
it's not that bad.

I only have some weird connection issue when if I don't disable microphone in control panel, the game disconnects me from online.
>>16306281
it's on PC as well and dare I say it, by far the best goddamn simcade game for pc. Also one of the very few good-feel games ever made.
>running the touge with your crew
>tuning cars and having races on the togue
>music swelling just as you are about to get through a set of corners onto the straight where your car has the advantage
>>
>>16306278
Im thinking this too
Was holding out for a sale when I was super busy months ago

Hasnt gone down and now I have free time
Is it worth $100 for the ultimate?
>>
File: 1461409192205.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461409192205.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>16306556
It has horrendous DRM which can be a memory whore if you just leave the game idling. I put mine on an SSD so it negates some of that issue for me. But unless you have an incredible apart from the GPU just ask yourself how badly you want the game
>>
>Their micro-transactions are constant for any car worth having
>You'll spend hours just driving around trying to find all the roads, good luck finding the last 6.
>Don't expect to attempt any top speed runs because the ai cars are everywhere and fuck your shit up on the regular (seriously, is there an option to turn them off?)
>Some cars have awesome aftermarket wide-body kits. Others have nothing at all.
>Swaps are annoying. They use to have actual engines from actual cars. Now it's just generic bullshit "1.6 liter turbo rally", "3.2l V6". Seriously? I can't swap a 1.8l B18B into a Civic? Or an RB26 or SR20 into a Nissan 240z? Fuck you.

5.5/10. Fun for the first few days, but loses interest quickly. I wouldn't buy again.
>>
>>16307985
Engine swaps just aren't labelled but you can tell what they are. There is an RB26 for a lot of cars and there is a Honda 2.0L labelled 2.0 VVT. Etc. Also what microtransactions?
>>
File: getgood.jpg (137KB, 565x584px) Image search: [Google]
getgood.jpg
137KB, 565x584px
>>16307985
>can't negotiate traffic at 225 mph
>>
>>16307985
what fucking microtransactions? The game never bugs you to buy jewgold unless you try to purchase a DLC car or you don't have the credits to buy a given vehicle.

>>You'll spend hours just driving around trying to find all the roads, good luck finding the last 6.
it's an open world driving game, i'm pretty sure that's the whole fucking point m8.

>Swaps are annoying. They use to have actual engines from actual cars.
they are all from real cars you stupid fuck, look at the displacement and power ratings and you can tell what real-life engines they are, they obviously can't call the 7-liter V8 an LS-whatever but you know it is.

>Some cars have awesome aftermarket wide-body kits. Others have nothing at all.
oh my god it's just like real life
>>
>paid for ultimate edition
>AMD 6300 and r270x
>Looks like ass on low settings
>Haven't played since
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.