[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why dont the circled sections on the car pictured curve inwards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: why.png (384KB, 1213x522px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
384KB, 1213x522px
why dont the circled sections on the car pictured curve inwards towards the center of the car

why on earth would a manufacturer cheap out and just brind it straight down

my boyfriend pointed this out to me he isnt a car guy but he made a valid point and now i notice it everywhere

why have the sidewall go straight down to the ground totally ignoring the curvature of the wheel it sits right up aginst

looking at it from a design and asthetic perspective it doesnt make much sense to do what they did
>>
>my boyfriend
is this a meme now or is everyone a faggot and/or female?
>>
File: why1.png (1MB, 1163x597px) Image search: [Google]
why1.png
1MB, 1163x597px
the didnt do it here and it looks really good
>>
File: why3.jpg (125KB, 728x483px) Image search: [Google]
why3.jpg
125KB, 728x483px
>>16304928
here they did it in the front for obvious aero but held back towards the rear of the car

this is whats making all these fucking cars look so god damn fat
>>
File: why4.jpg (153KB, 1356x425px) Image search: [Google]
why4.jpg
153KB, 1356x425px
for comparison
>>
>>16304911
Aero and Airflow to help cool the brakes and ground effects on the underside i think
>>
>>16304911
>boyfriend
pls be in london
>>
>>16304911
>11
they are at the position to help with deflection and to help cover the tire inregards to adverse weather oand road conditions.
>>
File: fatty.png (2MB, 1826x678px) Image search: [Google]
fatty.png
2MB, 1826x678px
>>16304969
but wouldnt it matter more on the front bumper and maybe on the section of sideskirt by the rear wheel?

not at EVERY EDGE
>>
>>16304911
>put car on jack to change tires
>tires smash into shitty plastic curved thing every time and breaks the shit

or
>go over big bump
>same thing happens
>>
>>16304911
Imagine if the car get's lifted or slightly airborne for some reason.
Now where would the tire end up if the arc was shaped inwards?
>>
>>16305032
Whops, this >>16305011
post came up before I had hit post
>>
>>16304994
The wheels act like a fan and pull air from the inside of the wheel arch to the outside

Not sure how the weird 'tucking' i spose you could call it helps but my 15 year old Commodore does the same thing
>>
>>16304911
Suspension travel my friend. That is why. As a car hits bumps, the tire has to have space to travel up and down.
>>
>>16304911
>my boyfriend
please hang yourself you literal faggot.
>>
>>16305324
I'm a grill btw :)
>>
>>16304918
thats inu the resident faggot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.