[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm taking muh truck to Krown Rust Control (Canada) to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (365KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
365KB, 2000x1333px
So I'm taking muh truck to Krown Rust Control (Canada) to have it undercoated.

However, my mechanic friend says that unless you're sanding the metal and applying some rustoleum or other product before undercoating it, the only thing an undercoat will do is to trap the moisture already present and make it worse. Is that true?

Do they do any cleaning of the frame to remove mud/snow or w/e before they apply the undercoat? should I do it myself?

thanks
>>
Undercoating in Canada has been actually pretty successful.

Krown is known for high quality stuff, and we used it in the military on all of our shit. A lot of government groups consider it mandatory.

Once you do it though, do not stop doing it. Look at all those surplus Crown Vics we have. RCMP starts selling them, and without the rust control shit on them every year they rusted apart some bloody quick.
>>
As long as there is no rust already and its dry & clean when you apply the undercoat it should be fine. Moisture can still get trapped afterwards if you scrape away parts of the coating, but generally its not a big issue.

They'll typically clean, brush and dry the underside before applying the coating
>>
File: undercoat.jpg (176KB, 900x571px) Image search: [Google]
undercoat.jpg
176KB, 900x571px
undercoat =/= krown.

krown sprays on some oil based bullshit that'll drip for DAYS. undercoat is usually that black rubberized shit you usually apply only once.
>>
As far as I know, regular undercoating is just bitumen and rubber, while Krown actually has rust inhibiting stuff in it.

I myself have used Tectyl, it werks but has to be re-applied after a year or two.
>>
Lets say I'm building a S30 and want to prevent it from further rusting. What would be my best option for a one and done solution?
>>
File: 20161211_145901.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161211_145901.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>16303614
It's like painting over rust your just sealing in the the rust and in about 2 years it will come back
BUT they do make undercoats that kill the rust or stop it from growing
Pic related is my "undercoat" it's a spray on coat meant for underbodys but you can put it anywhere and it leaves the surface like a glaze and looks pretty good there's no signs of the rust I painted over coming threw and it's been sitting for about a year but it is meant to paint right over it to kill it
>>
>>16303813
Check the 3M website itself, not vendors, for the best solution for your use case. 3M makes everything wonderful including undercoating. Follow the instructions.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.