[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looking into new bulbs for my car, need something bright since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: NAR-RP50-H7-2.jpg (85KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
NAR-RP50-H7-2.jpg
85KB, 500x416px
looking into new bulbs for my car, need something bright since I have poor vision.

currently looking into the Narva Rangepower+50. I did like Philips Xtreme Vision, but the longevity was disappointing; not falling for the HID and can't afford to do a retrofit right now.
>>
>>16302872
Almost all of those after market bulbs that are brighter, or bluer have a shit lifespan. Like 6 months. I have not run into a single bulb other than stock that can last.

What bulbs does your vehicle take? There are a few slightly brighter ones that can last at least 2 years.
>>
>>16302872

Which bulb? Have you looked at the Osram Rallyes ?
>>
>>16302894
>>16302906
H7
>>
File: 31VeDSvH5tL.jpg (10KB, 400x400px)
31VeDSvH5tL.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>16302872
What vision issues do you have?
What kind of car?

Consider these
https://www.amazon.com/Nokya-Arctic-Yellow-Headlight-Stage/dp/B0013JDW34

Selective Yellow is designed to eliminate glare from heavy rain, and snow. The yellow tint is also easier on the eyes at night time, and provides better contrast.
Blue, and bright white light can strain your eyes.
>>
>>16303058
I have keratoconus

I already have selective yellow bulbs in my high beams, not Nokya though; their bulbs are terribly dim.
>>
>>16303082
That's pretty serious. How are you legally allowed to drive?
Have you had it treated at all?
Where do you live?

Just curious. Not trying to insult.
>>
>>16302872
>need something bright since I have poor vision.

Add fog lights if you aren't using those.

There are also LED headlight replacements which have very bright white that can blind other drivers.
>>
>>16303096
it's not really treatable since there's no established cause. Either get $40k corneal transplant or let my optometrist deal with it.

I'm in the early stages, I have special RGP contacts that give me 20/40 vision; the issue really arises when I use glasses. It takes me anywhere from 2-15 minutes to apply my contact lenses, so when something sudden comes up at night and I need to drive, I don't have that extra time to spare.

>>16303132
fog lights are my next step. I've looked into LED lighbulbs, but the only place I can find a reputable set are V-LEDS and I can't justify the $160 price tag
>>
>>16303161
I recommend avoiding blue/white light as those are bad for the human eyes to distinguish contrast.

Have you ever tried a 50% yellow tint glasses? same shit as those as seen on TV HD glasses. yellow just increases contrast, and relieves eye strain.

I'm not sure really bright headlights will make it better for you. You just need better coverage. but that is limited to the headlight design.

Even brand new cars with LED headlights have a very sharp cutoff, but honestly, they feel dimmer overall because the light is so spread out, there are no hot spots on the road that you see. Its very even distributed, and sometimes feels like your headlights are off.
>>
>>16303302
ideally, I'm looking for lights in the mid 3000k to low 4000k, at least until I can afford to upgrade to projector headlights and retrofit them with some better projectors. As I mentioned, I have selective yellow high beams, but I shy from using them to not be rude to everyone else on the road. I might switch them over to my low beams, but I've been pulled over before for having them on another vehicle as the primary lights, and I'd love to avoid another ticket.

trying to stay away from LED headlights because most of the reviews are based on projector-based headlights, plus I'd be better off just saving that cash and putting it toward the projector headlight/retrofit. Then again, I have limited exposure to LED headlights and retailers.
>>
I've bought Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and I got 1 year warranty on them.
And they are super-bright
>>
>>16303372
stay proper.

I ran selective yellow for 8 years, and only been ticketed once.

they are not even that yellow as they used to be, and they dont annoy other drivers.

I run them in all my cars.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.