[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a cheap 2 door car for rallycross. I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4ijfSGz.jpg (739KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
4ijfSGz.jpg
739KB, 3072x2304px
I'm looking for a cheap 2 door car for rallycross. I'd like to compete in the stock or prepared AWD class. What are my best options besides the typical Subaru or Lancer? So far I have:
Eclipse GSX
Celica All-trac
Audi TT Quattro

Anything else I should consider?
>>
>>16300668
Probe
Mx3/6
Civic coupe
Awd isnt necessary
>>
Pick the lightest car that can go to 40 MPH in first gear.
>>
>>16300688
Not a joke BTW rallycross has nothing to do with which car would actually be good in a stage rally.

Best rallycross is ultra light, ultra small, and has very tall gearing so you never have to shift.
>>
>>16300680
>Hey which game console do you recommend?
>Games aren't necessary. Buy bubblegum.
>>
>>16300714
AWD is a shit class for rallycross be prepared to get your shit pushed in constantly by brobarus and lancer evos
>>
>>16300710
>americans are THIS scared of changing gears
>>
>>16300730
You're guaranteed to be out of optimal powerband if you have to shift into 2nd in rallycross.
>>
>>16300730
Most production cars don't have close ratios. Better to be able to wind the shit out of it in a lower gear than to have to drop out of the powerband.
>>
>>16300719
>AWD is a shit class for rallycross
I read the dumbest statements on this board
>>
File: 1997.jpg (36KB, 808x334px) Image search: [Google]
1997.jpg
36KB, 808x334px
AWD is just going to be more expensive. You're much better off buying one of these, because when shit breaks it will be much cheaper to replace. Keeping you racing for longer.
>>
>>16300780
Not only the price factor, but Neons used to dominated the FWD class in rally over here
>>
>>16300769
Spoken like someone who has not actually competed and done well at rallycross.

AWD stock/prep classes are dominated by new Subarus and Evos.
>>
>>16300819
No shit the AWD classes are dominated by Subarus and Evos. The point of this thread is to find other viable options for the class besides those two cars.
>>
>>16300830
literally nothing else is viable.

WRX and LanEvo win every event in AWD
>>
>>16300668
those wheels cost more than the car
tfw
>>
>>16302234
>nothing else is viable
kek

club racing is a joke you can be viable with anything.
>>
>16 replies
>not a single AWD suggestion made
OP, look for either an Impreza 2.5RS or a 1G Eclipse GSX. The Celica GT4 would be good too but it's rare. The Audi TT wouldn't be very effective but an Audi A4 would. Might want to check for an Audi 2000 Quattro or BMW 325iX in your area, too. But parts will be expensive.
>>
>>16303268
all slower than a WRX
>>
>>16300668
>Celica All-trac

You'd better hope you're not American or I will hunt you down and see to your demise personally. USDM All-tracs are rare as fuck thanks to rally wannabe's like you wrapping them around trees.

>TT Quattro
That seems like a money pit, do that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.