[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an amerifag moving to germany in the middle of next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1458790742883.png (363KB, 786x516px) Image search: [Google]
1458790742883.png
363KB, 786x516px
I'm an amerifag moving to germany in the middle of next year for work. does anyone know what I need to do to procure a car? I'm not sure if the company will provide one or not, but if they do, can I just drive on my american license? is it good for all models of cars or are there restrictions?
>>
>>16297526
You can drive with your US license for six months, afterwards you need to get a German license.

Alternatively you can get an International Drivers Permit (IDP) from the AAA or National Auto Club, valid for one year, after which you need to order a new one or get a German license.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a valid residence here can register a car.

As for restrictions I couldn't find conclusive information on American licenses or IDPs, but just to be on the safe side I'd stick to the same limits as the basic German license if I were you. Class B means 3500kg/7700 lbs GVWR with up to eight passenger seats, plus a trailer up to 750kg/1650 lbs, or a trailer that weighs more if a GCWR of 3500kg/7700 lbs isn't exceeded, tongue weight always subtracted since it counts into the load capacity of the tow vehicle.
>>
>>16297602
Oh, and Class B also includes motorcycles up to 50cc, and certain kinds of farm vehicles.
>>
>>16297602
>>16297609
thank you for the help. so I am good to drive a twingo for 6 months, but by then I must have a german license. do you know if that would involve going through the full driving instruction? i know it takes a long time and costs a lot.
>>
>>16297641
Probably. I doubt Germany recognizes American driving "lessons".
>>
>>16297911
>yet still thinks its safe enough for probably half a year
>>
>>16297934
A compromise towards international exchange and commerce. You can't expect every single tourist or business traveler to get your local license first.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.