[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2019-toy ota-86-news-specs-perfor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2019-toyota-86-news-specs-performance-details/

So the Toyobaru looks to be redesigned and rebuilt in the next two or three years. Will it suck less?
>>
>>16297038
only busriders and benchracers believe toyobaru sucks.
>>
It just needs a bit more torque with a better curve. A bit more HP would be nice, but I know they could make it good with the FA20 with the right tuning if they tried.
>>
File: too xpensive for poorfags.jpg (70KB, 640x339px) Image search: [Google]
too xpensive for poorfags.jpg
70KB, 640x339px
>>16297038
here is exactly what is going to happen with the redesign:

>lots of complicated technological interior bullshit
>50 different """sport"""" modes
>7 more horsepower
>5 more torque
>extra 400 pounds because of "muh safety"
>visibility is gone
>electric forza tier steering
>tacky & bright color choices
>pricing starts at $29k

basically they're going to ruin the simple drivers car they created for something that appeals to autistic millennials.

enjoy the 2013-2016 toyobaru while you can br/o/s
>>
>>16297050
86 is literally a lego kit.
Just like mod it
You don't buy a supra and complain about the engine because everyone tightens some nuts a bit and gets 1400hp
>>
>>16297038
It'll be redesigned like all toyota cars. Change the exterior a bit but not the chassis, change the interior a bit, keep the same engines.
>>
>>16297062
>enjoy the toyobaru while you can

/o/ and other poorfags are too busy complaining about how shit it is and how expensive it is. Ignoring the fact that it actually costs less than the AE86/240SX did when accounting for inflation, and is superior in handling/power/chassis/modding potential. It isn't even heavier than the S-chassis despite being loaded with modern safety equipment.
>>
>>16297062
it has a good crash safety rating tough
>>
>>16297086
Good can quickly become average with how agressive the standards have become
>>
>>16297068
>Change the exterior a bit but not the chassis, change the interior a bit, keep the same engines.

They already did that though.
This is gonna be a proper redesign.
>>
>>16297038
I just want that stupid bumper to be fixed. I wouldn't mind leather seats either.

i bet the insurance will be stupid high though since I'm only 23.
>>
>>16297154
It'll be an ugly redesign.

I don't want it to be, but Toyota styling is just horribly fucked up. Compare the 2016 FR-S to the 2017 GT86. Such small changes made a good looking car look disgusting.
>>
>>16297165
would it be silly to expect Toyota reliability from either the 86 or BRZ?
>>
>>16297202
They are hardly unreliable, and no worse than the average Toyota when stock. The ones that are have been poorly modded or boosted to ridiculous levels.
>>
File: sS2Agty.jpg (176KB, 867x578px) Image search: [Google]
sS2Agty.jpg
176KB, 867x578px
>Against my expections, the Toyobaru will recieve a 2nd generation (or at least a big facelfit)
>my guess is they replace the 2 liter with the 1.6 tarbo and update the interior (i like it a lot, but it's probably to plain for others)
>maybe a convertible?
>prices for used toyobarus will hopefully drop

Not even mad. Especially about the last bit

>I already have the steelies from the picture lying around in my garage, they were my old Impreza's winter wheels
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.