[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's all this "data" shit he supposedly collects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

What's all this "data" shit he supposedly collects and what's that shit he does on his computer to make him a better driver?
>>
Cheese Pizza and apex seal conservation tutorials
>>
Calculating the noise:horsepower ratio of a rotary engine
>>
>>16290838
He's a benchracer.
>>
>>16290838
he has people on the course who give him segment times
and probably sneaks telemetry devices onto the fastest cars
>>
>implying ryosuke isnt alphonse
>>
>>16290838
racing theory.
Racing lines, optimal slip angles, corner exit speed, braking points etc. There's alot of shit he could be collecting.
>>
>>16290838
analyzing geometry, weather conditions, and lap times of every togue in the world

he's got body monitors on pretty much every Nip who's ever entered an automobile, so he can use that data to calculate at what point in an endurance race to shit in his diaper
>>
have you seen those GM vs ford lap time threads?

That's what he's doing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLV6O_f353g
>>
>>16290838
yfw he is the main character
>>
>>16291260
He is tho.
>>
>>16290838
cobb accessport
>>
>>16290847
Fpbp
>>
>>16290838
When and how soon people turn.
>>
>>16290838
shitposting on /o/ obv
>>
>>16290838
keeps looking for an LS engine to swap but cant find any cause its japan
>>
Probably watches best motoring videos
>>
Am rooking fo most dericious rice nooder pancake recipe
>>
>>16290869
Ry/o/suke lmao
>>
File: rotard.jpg (39KB, 720x461px) Image search: [Google]
rotard.jpg
39KB, 720x461px
EFFF-UH CEE
>>
wtf is up with ryoskei and keyskei, don't they have jobs or anything out of their car analysis bs

are they NEETs?
>>
>>16293853
chasing the D for Dream baby
>>
>>16293853

Dont they mention that their parents are rich af and a doctor or something
>>
>>16293900
Their parents own a hospital i think
>>
>>16293660
RHOTARY TARBO ENGIN
>>
What does the D in Initial D stand for?
>>
>>16293969
DORIFTO
>>
>>16293969
Dream
>>
>>16293969
D E T E R M I N A T I O N
>>
>>16293969
DAGUMI
>>
File: 6a2.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>16290847
top fucking kek
>>
>>16293853
ryosuke is a med student, and their parents are loaded. you have to remember that all of initial d takes place over two summers
>>
File: 4897148163235654.jpg (7KB, 287x72px) Image search: [Google]
4897148163235654.jpg
7KB, 287x72px
>>16290838
>What's all this "data" shit he supposedly collects and what's that shit he does on his computer to make him a better driver?

It's actually pretty stupid. To understand the reason why he collects the data, you have to understand the point of Project.D which is to develop common street racers to a high level of driving skill by competing with other street racers. He approaches the task like a professional racing team would: having a dedicated crew of mechanics, collecting the telemetry data, and using the data to have the mechanics optimize the setup of the car and the have the driver adapt to the situation to get the best chance of victory.

As to the reason for starting Project.D in the first place is a mystery and the only theory is that he feels obligated to follow in his parents' footsteps as doctors and therefore Ryosuke is unable to realize his dream as a professional race driver. Because he feels destined to give up on his dream, he feels the next best thing is to use his remaining time to start up Project.D to cultivate drivers which he could live vicariously through. Obviously a real racing team competing on actual race tracks would cost more money than he/his parents have, so he does it at the street racing level.

Source:
>http://initiald.wikia.com/wiki/Project_D
>>
Ryousuke's race in fifth stage was the single best thing after fourth stage.
>>
>>16294527
I wish I could street race without any legal repercussions.
>>
>>16290838
Jap memes. There's always this "analytical" type at least once. Like the computer guy in kill la kill.
>>
>>16294629
You totally could, if you get rich and have your own private mountain pass built.

Hell, you might even be able to monetize it and get back your investment from other people who want to do the same.
>>
>>16294650
Roads are expensive as fuck to pave and build. The process of just paving alone is like $2 million minimum
>>
>>16294664
That's why I said 'if you get rich'.
>>
>>16294646
Fuck I hate those types.

The too cool to show emotion, then pull out all of this theory and deduction monologue bullshit from the smallest, most minute thing

Why does every anime have this type of character

also why is anime better with English speaking voice actors?
>>
>>16294757
Solving a problem with a bullshit random inspiration is not limited to anime fampai.
>>
>>16290838
Hptuners
>>
>>16290838
It's for a digital heads-up display kinda thing that superimposes ghost cars that represent his prior runs down the touge. He races not only against his opponent, but also against himself. In the end, he is his own worst enemy.
>>
File: 1475553535816.jpg (130KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1475553535816.jpg
130KB, 1023x682px
>>16293969
D O R I F T O
>>
>>16294757
>also why is anime better with English speaking voice actors?
Because you're fucking deaf, clearly. American VAs are cringe-inducing, especially when they have to pronounce a Japanese name or word.
>>
>>16290838
For starters, it's A FUCKING CARTOON.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.