[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a reason why i shouldn't buy a cooper s (used)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Mini_3_coopers[1].jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Mini_3_coopers[1].jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
is there a reason why i shouldn't buy a cooper s (used)?
They seem like good value, and seem to be well regarded.
what does /o/ think though? cause thats what i really care about.
>>
>>16288490
They're not very reliable and have BMW repair costs. From what I've heard they're really fun to drive but can be expensive to fix and maintain.
>>
>>16288490
Are you in Europe or US?
>>
>>16288490
Buddy had one for about a month.
He would park it outside and lock it. Only to come out the next morning to find all the Windows rolled down.
He thought it was a prank.
So he parked it in the garage. Same thing happened. All the windows down.
Still thought it was a prank.
Went into a store and came back with all the Windows down.
Finally started thinking something was wrong.
Parked it, grabbed a beer and waited. Sure as shit. All the windows Windows rolled down at the same time.
He traded in for a Chevy cruise. Had other insane issues with it.
>>
The R50/53 keep their value really well. We're talking £2000 for a 14 year old car with 120,000+ miles
They're also the most reliable, but compared to other hot hatches they aren't reliable
>>
>>16288723
what other hot hatch options do i have in that price range?
>>
Chevy cruise. Lol, what a tripper.

Anyway, the R53 is great fun but aged. If you pick one of these up look for oil leaks (rear main seal, cps ORing, rocker gasket) check power steering res as these tend to leak when old. Get an idea on the health of the clutch, not cheap to replace.
Like any older car that incites spirited driving, things will go wrong.
Also upgrade the stock brakes.
R56 though, bunch of things fixed but overall less visceral
>>
File: IMG_3071[1].jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3071[1].jpg
141KB, 800x600px
>>16288785
for £2000?
you'd get a decent fiesta st 150.
they look chavvy as fuck but if you can live with that they are an absolute hoot to drive, they are moon-and-back reliable, and they aren't going to devalue much now.
>>
>>16288490

I have owned 4 mini coopers now. Currently have a Cooper Coup S... Too say theleast, I wanted to like them. But they get expensive when problems begin to show up. So I'd buy another instead of paying half the price to fix them.

Just bought a 2016 Rav4 XL, I'm done with coopers.

My 2 cents.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.