[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from Europe and have never seen a muscle car before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm from Europe and have never seen a muscle car before. What are they like? Are they big? Is it true they are bad at turning? How comfy and practical are they?
>>
>>16282351

modern ones are big. if you're use to driving sport compacts the interior of the mustang will feel like a truck interior
>>
>are they big
Bigger than an econobox, but in truth they're smaller than you think. For whatever reason the new Mustang looks huge in photos but isn't enormous in person.
>bad at turning
The modern 3 (4 if you count the charger and challenger as separate cars) all turn fine, the Mustang and Camaro actually handle extremely well.
>comfy and practical
Theyre by no means a luxo-barge but they have decent size trunks and rear seats. Charger would be the most spacious. Fuel economy wise they're not very practical outside of America because our fuel prices are so cheap.
>>
>Are they big?
Big but not massive
>Is it true they are bad at turning?
Newer ones handle surprisingly well, older ones aren't great at handling but not as bad as /o/ memes about.
>How comfy and practical are they?
Depends on the car and trim but pretty comfy and practical if you don't need to fit humans in the back seats. When I say comfy I mean as a whole experience, not literal comfort; for example if I was comparing a current-gen Mustang with Camaro the latter's interior is a lot more comfy to me due to its styling and such as the Mustang is too shiny and sterile feeling.

They're pretty comfortable DDs that perform well as opposed to a performance car that can serve as a DD such as a Cayman.
>>
>>16282351
where do you live?
>>
>>16282351
Well, in america they arent considered a big or small car. Big is a 7000 pound turbo diesel, or 18 wheeler. Small is a compact honda, or miata. These cars are 3500 pounds in v6 or 4cyl turbo form and are very normal size compared to anything else you see on a daily basis. Also they are about 52/48 weight balance, and understeer with little to no throttle at the limit, although at heavy throttle they will oversteer as much as you want.

Luxury wise, all new cars are nice. Seats are comfy, visibility is a bit low but most of them have back up cams. Decent stereos with a large digital interface and bluetooth plus plenty room, even for 6'4+ people that are over 200 pounds, the v6 also has very soft damping.

Now, as far as handling goes, they will pull over a G in bone stock form, in any config. Base v6 with 7.5" wheel width and 700 treadwear all seasons, did exactly a maximum of 1.00 lateral G's on the accelerometer for me. Although it is only rated to do .86. It did take a bit of throttle in transfer some weight to the rear though, and the tires were squeeling. I can consistently do this on a long smooth curve. Not some trick like people talk about where you jerk it around both directions or whatever. Not bad for 22k brand new. Also the v6 will do over 320 Rwhp with intake, tune, headers, x pipe, mufflers. Not bad.

As the owner of a couple v8 mustangs, one with 600rwhp, I'd recommend it for sure, to somebody looking for a new car that cant afford a gt.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.