[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, i have a coolant leak. the car is a ford expedition 1997,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: ford.jpg (410KB, 1776x999px) Image search: [Google]
ford.jpg
410KB, 1776x999px
Hi, i have a coolant leak. the car is a ford expedition 1997, does anyone know which part this is? it's located under the dash, behind the heater hoses.

thanks.
>>
>>16279595
kinda hard to tell, but my guess is heater core. that's the only thing under the dash that has coolant in it.
>>
File: 1361827897827s.jpg (1KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1361827897827s.jpg
1KB, 125x70px
>>16279595
>cheap ford cost-cutting strikes again
>>
>>16279595
>located UNDER DASH
>BEHIND HEATER HOSES
Obviously it's the fucking heater core idiot.
>>
>>16279595
It looks like a fitting on the heater core. If you could move that wire in front of the hose, it looks like the hose clamp and hose are slipping off that fitting. If you are lucky, that's the source of the leak. Push the hose on better, fix or replace the clamp. Maybe replace the rubber hose (it could be cracked).

If you are not lucky, the core itself, or that fitting are leaking and need to be replaced. I don't know Ferds, but removing some heater cores can be a bitch.
>>
File: 2x4_JD's_face_melts_II.png (647KB, 872x648px) Image search: [Google]
2x4_JD's_face_melts_II.png
647KB, 872x648px
>>16280256
The heater core is the first thing that goes down the assembly line and everything else is bolted to it.

My 76 LTD was 10 small cover bolts under the hood and remove/replace. I could do the heater core in 10 minutes. Some time in the 80s, step one became "remove dash" and ever since the "remove dash" step has become more and more complicated and time consuming.
>>
>>16280256

thanks for the help, stranger.
>>
>>16280301
post LTD now. I have a 76 four door.
>>
File: LTD.jpg (29KB, 510x350px) Image search: [Google]
LTD.jpg
29KB, 510x350px
>>16280329
I got rid of it in 99 I didn't put enough anti-freeze in after I replaced the timing chain/gears. The radiator froze up and then it overheated cracking the heads. It was a 400/C6 Landau 4 door. I paid $500 for it and drove it for about 5 years. Looked like pic related except mine was a 4 door. It was DD/ Winter beater/ dog hauler combined.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.