[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forced to downgrade from WRX to 2015 Lancer GT. Lancer is desperately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3637.jpg (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3637.jpg
85KB, 500x500px
Forced to downgrade from WRX to 2015 Lancer GT.

Lancer is desperately slow. Would it be worth the money and effort to try to mod/tune anything? Not interested in a swap of any kind. Thing has a CVT transmission. Would all Gains be gobbled up in that?

Help me /o/
>>
>>16278728
Why would you be forced to downgrade? Did faggot babby OP finance a car he couldn't afford?
>>
>>16278728

>Thing has a CVT transmission.

Don't mod it. You'll blow that trans up in a heartbeat.

Also hope you have a warranty.
>>
Why did you buy a modern Mitsubishi?
>>
>>16278728
If you're doing it because of a girl don't do it you stupid faggot.
>>
>>16278763
OP lost his WRX in a flood and had more pressing matters to pay for than a car.

Get fucked, asshole.
>>
>>16278728
Well, in theory, you could change the shift profile to add simulated power.
Basically when you have the throttle pinned, get the engine sitting at peak hp/RPM and let the cvt do all the work.

Not sure how you would accomplish this though.
>>
>>16278857
How would you know that? Are you OPs gay lover come to defend him after he ran away crying because somebody hurt his fee fees?
>>
>>16278728
I drove a manual Lancer once. It was fucking horrible, my gfs 2006 Ford focus was faster. I had my foot flat to the floor, and it just felt like there was nothing there.
I don't know how anyone could deal with that.
>>
File: 1476386727052.jpg (120KB, 554x621px) Image search: [Google]
1476386727052.jpg
120KB, 554x621px
>>16278857
>Living in flood territory
Trust me, you were already too poor to finance a wrx
>>
>>16278728
Plod along and sell the lancer when you can't take it anymore. There's no point fart canning it or trying to make it better
>>
>>16278857
>have no money
>I know I'll buy a garbage 1 year old car
>>
>>16278857
you stupid faggot

why the F U C K didn't you just buy something fun & used, rather than new & shitty?

jesus christ, you should have taken your insurance money for your wrx (which they probably gave you very close to what you paid for it) & bought an older used wrx on craigslist, or maybe something rwd, such as a v8 muscle car, miata, toyobaru, etc

the stupidity of people on /o/ never ceases to amaze me
>>
>>16278728
There's no fixing the Lancer. It's a gutless shitbox and nothing short of a wholesale replacement of everything under the hood will improve its performance in any noticeable way.
>>
>>16278857
OP is literally retarded, the end.
>>
>>16278857
then shouldn't have lost your shit in a flood you faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.