[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google won't give me a fucking answer. About how long does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: angergen.jpg (66KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
angergen.jpg
66KB, 720x706px
Google won't give me a fucking answer. About how long does it take to change the distributor on a 1st gen xterra with a vg33e v6? I think the shop is trying to fuck with me (who am I kidding, of course they are) and quoting me almost $500 on labor alone at $110 an hour. Or fuck the average time for any distributor job would be a nice place to start.
>>
>>16278403

I'm not sure about your particular application but USUALLY changing a complete distributor is a matter of minutes. Just unplug the leads connected to it, take care of one or two bolts that hold the thing in place, unplug the cable that goes to the ECU (in case it's a fuel-injected car) and...that's about it.

I'd say fuck dem jews, anon.
>>
>>16278432
Yeah I thought so. Unfortunately I had no choice but to give it to them because I have no fucking time to work on it myself because of my jobs hours. They also just told me that part of that is $157 to do spark plugs which took 75 minutes. So yeah there's no doubt the trying to fuck me.
>>
>>16278403
>Google won't give me a fucking answer.

Google doesn't provide answers. It is people posting that provide answers. Google is a parasite that re-sells those answers to users. Because of the parasitic nature of search engines, many places that do have answers don't let google (or bing) spider them. So those answers will never show up on google. You'd have to visit those forums directly including /o/ archived forums.
>>
>>16278449
> $157 to do spark plugs which took 75 minutes

They fucked you. An experienced mechanic will have that job done in like 10 minutes.
>>
>>16278559
Maybe on an inline 4, but it looks like a little bit more of a pain in the ass on this particular car.
>>
>>16278449

WHOAHHHH!!! 175 for sparkplugs?

Shit Anon, they jewed the living shit out of you. Depending on the car it can be a bit of a hassle but it's FAR from being a $175 job. Maybe if we were talking about a V12 engine or something weird but for a bog-standard V6?

Shiieeeeet man, dem Jews and their Klezmer records.
>>
Shops look up a book that estimates the average time it might take to do a certain task and then they multiply that by a given wage to find the amount they're gonna charge you. They can almost certainly do it in a quarter of the time if they put some urgency into it but probably won't because fuck you.
>>
>>16278606
No, they'll hurry the fuck up and get it done in a shorter time because they get paid the same no matter what. More jobs means more money.
>>
>>16278559
They charge you an hour minimum dude.
>>
>>16278403
>$500 on labor alone
>no fucking time to work on it myself
You're fucking yourself by paying someone else more than you make. Learn to time management.
>>
File: Super Hankyin.jpg (117KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
Super Hankyin.jpg
117KB, 500x577px
op here, got back from the shop. i was talking to 2 or 3 people over the phone and i think each one had a different idea of what was going on. in the end it was $330 and they took off 30 minutes of labor because they realized they were fucking me around the whole time and also they were trying to double charge me on diagnosis because it took 2 hours and claimed it was an hourly rate even though it was described as a flat price if it takes 15 minutes or 12 hours to diagnose. plugs were $154 and they -claim- took 75 minutes which is literally 2x what it actually takes because ive done it myself, the first 5 plugs are easy but the 6th plug is a fucking turbocunt because its either a blind operation with 2 extensions and a ujoint or you have to take the hood off... but nowhere near 1:15 worth or work (i just wanted them to change them while they were there to eliminate any chance of fucked plugs, plus let me read the cylinders down the line). i argued with them for a good 20 minutes over this, but i couldnt get them to budge on it. oh well whatever. oh, and they also wanted FIVE HUNDRED fucking dollars for a distributor for a 20 year old engine in a 16 year old car. i could have gotten a reman at o'rileys for 250, which i promise you is exactly where the shop would have gone, but i ended up getting one online for 60. overall its whatever i guess.
>>
One of the plugs on 6 cylinder Xterra's is supposedly a huge bitch to get to.
>>
>>16280199
>Learn to time management
tell my job that. no less than 12 hours a day, 6am to 6-7-8pm. soon enough im leaving for a better job but right now im pretty fucked. at least the pay is above ok and benefits are good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.