[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey br/o/thers I drive pic related as a daily driver and I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20757451.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20757451.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
Hey br/o/thers

I drive pic related as a daily driver and I know less about cars than I'd like so I was hoping there was a pretty cool guy out there who can help me with this.

>One day the car is sounding fine
>The next day it is not
>Whining/straining sound coming from the motor (like what a manual car sounds like in reverse, or an R/C car gearbox going really fast)
>This continues for a week and by the end of the week the noise is now choppy, loud at times, and silent at times
>Today, my car dies in a parking lot and white smoke is starting to come out of my hood
>It starts back up and I pull into a spot
>Pop the hood, there's a belt just hanging around
>look up serial code on belt
>It's an A/C compression belt
>Call Acura dealer and they tell me depending on whether or not my battery light is on is what will decide if I can drive back to a safe place
>light is not on, starts right up
>drive home
>make thread

Is it safe or ok for me to drive a car with no A/C compression belt? What do?
>>
>>16277965
pls /o/ i need halp
>>
take it to the vet
>>
>>16277965
Replace the compressor. This what you poorfags get for driving around with nothing in the ac system.
>>
>>16277986
ok. do you know exactly whats wrong though? i would like to understand
>>
should be fine to drive as long as you don't turn on the AC.
>>
>>16277992
lets just say because i am a poorfag it may take a little bit of time for me to replace that, can i still drive without it? considering i live in a cold area and the a/c isnt important until summer comes around?
>>
>>16278005
Replace the belt OP. The car needs the AC to defrost the windshield properly.
A $150 job.
>>
>>16278039
Ok, thank you I will do this
>>
>>16278039
It won't defrost without refrigerant in the system.

OP, see if the compressor pulley will spin by hand. If it's seized a new belt won't do anything. Did the old belt look melted or something?
>>
>>16278082
it did look melted, plus that may explain the sound
>>
>>16278104
Yep. Sounds like it's fucked. Get ready to shell out 800 bucks for a compressor.
>>
>>16278082
>>16278138

I know there's a possibility the compressor seized but we should just tell the OP to have that checked and not add drama to his problem.
The belt tensioner could have its bearings shit the can as well and melted the belt as well as the alternator gone bad too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.