[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, looking for some brake advice. I have an 03 x type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 20161206_114318.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_114318.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys, looking for some brake advice. I have an 03 x type 3.0 and I just replaced two calipers and the master cylinder. I bench bled the master and there's no more air in it, but the pedal still goes to the floor. It hisses on the way down and sometimes makes a sneezing kind of sound. Do I have a bad booster, or maybe just a bad check valve? Pic related.
>>
>>16277133
Are the calipers installed on their correct sides, with the bleeder screws on top?

If so then it's still got a lot of air somewhere. ABS brake systems give a lot of hassle with bleeding unless a pressure bleeder and a scan tool that can exercise the ABS solenoids are used.
>>
>>16277334
I've bled like a mother fucker with nothing coming out and no pressure building in the pedal. I actually found several other people having the booster go bad after just doing brakes with no explanation as to why it happened. I've already pulled the booster and am about to go get another. Hoping for the best
>>
>>16277816
Also the hissing was from around the booster like a leak in the diaphragm.
>>
May need to bleed the abs unit via a scan tool.

Having a failed booster would result in a really hard pedal, not a low pedal.
>>
>>16277830
That was my initial thought, and there are no idle issues when it's depressed either, but the booster sounds like a damn blow off valve when the pedal is pressed, and then it drops the rest of the way.
>>
Are you sure you installed the correct master? Did it look identical to the old one? Was there any pin or adjustment rod that may need tweaking?

If everything seems correct, take it to a shop and have them try to do an abs bleed.
>>
The master was identical. I'll see about getting the abs module bled.
>>
>>16277970
I actually replaced the master after doing the calipers when it started. It felt like the cup seals were blown out, and after replacing it felt the same. A friend of mine suggested it being the booster having a leak and after seeing boosters having gone bad from just doing brakes I went with that.
>>
File: 1460603435963.png (157KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460603435963.png
157KB, 500x375px
I've had issues with GM vehicles where its impossible to manually bleed all of the air out of the ABS unit once you replace a caliper.

Bleed it for 2 quarts worth of fluid PROPERLY and it still feels spongey when you have vacuum assist.

pic unrelated
>>
File: 3429999qt68fic9th.gif (366KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
3429999qt68fic9th.gif
366KB, 370x200px
Put everything back together this eveing. Went to bleed the abs module, seemingly no air. There is a sneezing sound coming from the booster, but it goes to the floor. I'm pretty fuckin clueless rn.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.