[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuel Trim So I've got a v10 excursion with misfires on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1480475152171.jpg (71KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1480475152171.jpg
71KB, 500x391px
Fuel Trim

So I've got a v10 excursion with misfires on cylinders 2 and 4 and a LTFT of fucking 99.2. For comparison my other car has twice as many miles and has a LTFT of 3.6. Could this be an extremely dirty fuel system or bad compression?
>>
>>16276736
Shameless selfbump.
>>
I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford! You know what they say Ford stands for, dontcha Hank?
>>
>>16276840
It's my company's work truck so I didn't get to choose it. I just get the privilege of fixing it.
>>
>>16276736
If they have high miles the v10 and
5.4 get shitty
>>
>>16276943
It's only at 85k. I guess for a ford that might be a lot.
>>
>>16276736
Spark, fuel, compression. It has to be one of those. Wires and plugs and coils are cheapest if you want to throw parts at it. Next you want to make sure the injectors are firing.
>>
>>16276736
Check the plugs to see if they are coming out of the head.
>>
>>16277017
I'm planning on starting with the fuel and air filters then some fuel system cleaner. Then checking the plugs.

>>16277048
Already done 5 of them with the timesert kit. I really hate the triton engine series. Im not noticing the smell of gas under the hood like I usually do when they are starting to go.
>>
>>16276736
>Ford
Problem identified.
>>
>>16277109
No. Don't use any shitty snake oil products. There is an actual problem.
>>
>>16277237
Fuel system cleaners work (the good ones)
>>
>>16277237
There are plenty of legitimate injector cleaners grandpa. I'm not using marvel mystery oil or any of that shit. I use Lucas occasionally in my personal vehicle and like I said in the OP its at 160k and has an LTFT of 3.6. Which I would consider very good for it's age and miles.
>>
Really you should change your oxygen sensor every 100k or so.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.