[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is buying a new car like? Not a new-to-you car, but a real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: baebae.jpg (275KB, 1888x1062px) Image search: [Google]
baebae.jpg
275KB, 1888x1062px
What is buying a new car like? Not a new-to-you car, but a real new car from a dealership.

It's one of my dreams to buy a brand new car, (multiple actually), but I just want to know what the experience is actually like.

> Do you just walk in with your cashiers check and tell them you want to buy this car?

> Will they let you buy the car that day or do you have to wait?

> Can you buy a car in all cash?

> What if you have a cashiers check for $100,000 but your car comes to $90,000, will they return the other $10,000 or do you have to get a new check made?

> Can you order a car from the factory, or do they force you to buy one off the lot?
>>
>>16276537

They just ran my debit card when I bought my Vette.
>>
>>16276540

Doesn't your debit card have a draw limit? Did you call your bank before hand to authorize it?
>>
>>16276540
>enter sale amount
>63,000.00
>swipe card
>enter pin

I dont see how that wouldnt get immediately declined literally anywhere
>>
>>16276546

Not sure but I never had an issue before.

>>16276554

I only put $5k down and financed the rest.
>>
>>16276537
Those are some great questions, OP. Actually I'm also interested in finding answers to these. :) Let's wait.
>>
>>16276566

I see, even at $5k that's a pretty big draw. I think mine is capped at around $1000 for the day. Probably something like $5,000 for the month.
>>
File: oh god what have i done.png (131KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
oh god what have i done.png
131KB, 480x359px
You know when you buy a used car, and the butterflies in your stomach turn into dread and "oh God what have I done"?

I imagine buying a new car would feel like that but 100 times worse, because you know you've overpaid for it, and it will only continue to decrease in value, and you're stuck with it for a long time.
>>
>>16276591
Except my boss. When he bought his 2016 Cayenne GTS he was so enthusiastic about it that he went to track it.
>>
>>16276537
>go to the dealer
>tell them what model and optional you want
>hand them a small amount of cash to prove you are serious
>when the car is ready they call you so you
>pay the rest of the car
>wait some more days so they can finally get a plate on your car
>go to the dealer, they explain shit about how to use the infotaiment system and finally drive away with your new car
That's how it works.
>>
>>16276656

Is that it?

Sounds like a lot of waiting and waiting, I guess the small amount of cash is like a security deposit right?

So let's say I was going to buy the Land Rover LR4, the car is like $90k fully loaded, how much do I have to pay up front? Like $10k?

Then I just pay the rest when the car comes? Or I could finance and pay the first month or whatever + the down payment?
>>
About a year ago I decided I needed a new car. I had shit credit from student loans and about 1k saved. I was going to buy a $500 shitbox, but my mom was like "you can put thak 1k down on a better used car. OK. Find a Scion TC online at a Hyundai dealership. Go and testdrive it, everything OK. Its 6k I van put the 1k down and finance 5k. I give them my social security number, the guy goes to his " back office" for a really long time before coming back. When he comes back he says my credit is so shit I don't qualify. sawthatcoming.exe He then ushers me back outside and asked what kindof job I had etc. He said I would probably qualify to finance a brand-new car for $300 per month. He walks me toward a black Elantra and says this could be yours. for 1k down and 300 a month. WHAT? Says the lending banks prefer credit deadbeats such as myself to finance new because when we inevitably stop paying, the bank gets more money back than if you financed a shitty old Scion.

Long story short my mom and bro said the Elantra was too old lady, so I went to a Honda dealership and same story with the Civic, so it was either a CR-Z or a Veloster.

And that's how I got a new car. Hope this helps.
/blog
>>
>>16276678
There is a shit fucking ton of waiting involved when you buy new.
After you pay the security deposit, if they already have a car like the one you configured stored in some big deposit they will get it sent to the dealership in a couple of weeks.
If it has to be produced you will have to wait 2/3 months (or even more I suspect for something like a Land Rover LR4).
When the car is ready they give you a call, you pay the rest of the car and only then they get the plate registered at your name.
I never financed a car so I can't really comment on the rest.
>>
I only bought a new car once. It went like this.

>Needed a car to get to work
>Fuck it, I'll just buy a new Honda Fit
>Go to dealer
>Black base model 5-speed sitting on the lot
>I'll take that one
>Fill out finance paper work for 45 mins
>Give them $0
>Drive home
>>
>>16276720

Credit is a weird business

I have a credit card that I just carry a balance on, it's like $500 or so, and I just pay $100 every month

I'm sort of using my credit and paying much more than the minimum to see what my credit score will be like

My bank hasn't called to bitch yet, so I guess I'm doing ok
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.