[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/ So i have a question. Today i crashed into another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fender-bender.jpg (26KB, 512x289px) Image search: [Google]
fender-bender.jpg
26KB, 512x289px
Hello /o/

So i have a question. Today i crashed into another vehicle while in reverse, because i missed an exit and didn't see the car behind me (it was at night in a poorly lighted area).

I understand it was my fault and im an idiot, but the thing is, both cars looked intact.
The car was no more than 3 feet behind me and i stopped pretty quickly, so it was a matter of seconds contact. Not even the plate of the other car was a affected, it looked pretty much perfect except for some dirt. I also have to mention mine is a small 2016 Clio Hatchback and the other car was a Chevrolet Aveo circa 2008, so not big cars, and they still looked intact.

Tomorrow we will go to the mechanic to si if there's any problem. My question is, could it be any damage because of a crash like the one i just described? I'm scared because i don't have much money (poor student) and i don't know how much a bumper could cost. It's possible they have to repair something?

Sorry for the wall of text, but this is making me lose my sleep.
>>
>>16275310
was someone in the other car? if so you're not out of the woods yet, they could show up with a neckbrace and a lawyer.
if it was parked, no harm done. it sounds like you might have been saved by the 5mph bumper
>>
>>16275334
Yes, to people
Took pics of my plate and license.
They were unharmed tho.
>>
>>16275369
two* people
>>
>>16275369
in terms of the cars, it sounds minor. but people have been known to show up weeks later with all sorts of "injuries".
>>
Shiiiit OP listen close. Even a few seconds of contact can fuck the calibration of you BFS, or Blinker Fluid Sensor. It's a module in your rear bumper. Usually costs $250-$300 USD for repairs. Idk how much that is in uropoor, but good luck!
>>
and I heard those Renault frames are extra fragile out there across the atlantic, chances are your whole BFS module is bent.
>>
>>16275383
Heh, they would be such cunts if they do that, it was literally a 2mph crash

>>16275398
>>16275404
Oh shut up kek, i haven't had an accident before so this is new to me
>>
>>16275310
I should also clarify we're going to go with the people who own the other car, they obviously want me to pay if any damage is found, that's why i'm so nervious
>>
>>16275310
Are you saying you reversed down a traffic lane because you missed your exit?
>muh superior yuropoor drivers ed didn't prevent this
>>
>>16275497
Y-y-yes
There was nothing behind us tho, i literally thought there was nothing behind.
I didn't saw it because he was so close and the lights didn't catch my mirror
>>
Modern bumper covers are pretty fucking tough
>>
>>16275310
someone rear ended me once and i hit the car infront of me
>traffic
>accident
>pulled over
>checked
>no visible damage
>my hood wont open
>got everyone's information
>brought it to dealer recommended shop
>get a email saying more work needed
>about 3-4k worths
so yea alot of damage can happen even if it doesnt show
more so on the guy that you backed into than yours
>>
>>16275563
That actually sounds like you got scammed bro
>>
>>16275589
invoice said something about cooling damage
i didnt have to pay for it so w/e
my car at the time had a clear bra and one side was peeling
>>
>>16275310
Is that Mustang giving a rimjob?
>>
>>16275482
Tell them to talk to your fucking insurance you retard.
>>
>>16275808
In my country it's customary to concede and get to an agreement, because involving insurance means a raise in the monthly payment
It's just a lose for everyone at the long run
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.