[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marvel mystery oil. have you heard of this stuff guys? its supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
marvel mystery oil. have you heard of this stuff guys?

its supposed to clean out your engine and fuel systems. it claims to give better performance and gas mileage. i bought a small jug of it for just under 5 bucks and i been giving my gas tank just under 4 oz per fill up. so far im getting like 42 highway and 37 city in my honda fit. but ive always had milage just about that good

what about other things like it like lucas upper cylinder lube? you guys know anything or use these things?
>>
It does something. These products always work in theory and under lab studies but the actual effect on the road is arguable. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for something like Marvel Mystery Oil or some upper cylinder lubricants but I can't really say what it does.

Don't add too much of anything though, many states allow as much as 15% ethanol in gas, keep adding all this other shit and you might start to chug along. Also MMO goes in the engine oil as well so there's that.
>>
honestly, i don't think it does much if you run it through the fuel system. I have had it work to degunk things in the engine. Mostly on variable valve timing systems where they have a sticking actuator.
>>
Tests were done using these fluids on injectors. I guess they had a device that measures the efficiency of the injectors and they compared before and after. Basically these meme additives showed a 1/600thincrease in efficiency of the injectors which is basically nnothung as this is within the margin of error of just testing. So this shit is useless for any kind of "fuel system degunking"

Go WOT frequently or use ultrasonic cleaners. Don't waste money on that snake oil
>>
>>16274571
You only put it in the crank case before changing the oil.
>>
>>16274749
>Have car that sat for two years with 10% ethanol gas
>Jump start it and it will idle but misses under load throwing CEL
>Redline the piss out of it
>Good as new
>>
>>16274838
Not a bad plan but the instructions just say to replace up to a certain amount of your regular oil with it, they don't really give a time frame. I looked it up on their site and apparently it also can be used in auto transmissions, air tools, and to lubricate firearms. I'm starting to think MMO is just regular synthetic oil sans an SAE rating.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.