[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I just recently got my first car and I'm a huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: $_32.jpg (54KB, 849x566px)
$_32.jpg
54KB, 849x566px
Hey /o/, I just recently got my first car and I'm a huge /mu/fag so I want get some recommendations on car stereos.
It needs to be usb compatible and read my stuff right. My friend's stereo always has problems reading big files or just skips them or outright crashes. Also is there such a thing as an stereo that can read HD drives?
>>
Here go, i use this headunit in my truck
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-cd-built-in-bluetooth-apple-ipod-ready-in-dash-deck-with-detachable-faceplate-multi/4738700.p?skuId=4738700&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=17f8ce07-f56b-4de5-bc28-031e26efa063&ksprof_id=18&ksaffcode=pg196756&ksdevice=m&lsft=ref:212,loc:2
>>
Maybe something with android auto would be best for you since you seem to have a huge collection. Don't get a hard drive or it'll die prematurely thanks to all the vibration.
>>
>>16270475
>>16270460
I can't really do bluetooth since my phone battery is already shite.
Something with a SD card slot would do I guess.
Also, how retarded is getting one of those shitty android tablets and plugging it to the stereo with an aux cord.
>>
>>16270489
It has a built in USB port that reads mp3 files and charges your phone at the same time.
Even has an aux input for a cable
>>
>>16270489
You could just install the tablet in the dash if you don't need an actual FM receiver. Just don't fall for that retarded cheap chinkshit amplifier meme; get something decent.
>>
>>16270514
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And if it needs charge I can just use the cigarette lighter thingy.
>>16270505
That's neat, I'll try finding one in my country,
>>
>>16270518
By "install the tablet in the dash" I meant actually put it inside the dash where the radio used to go. It would be permanently mounted in there with the power and audio connected to it all the time.
>>
>>16270527
That can usually be more hassle than its worth. Check out a Joying headunit, they make some nice model like below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JP08DQ/ref=twister_B0154RK4BI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Does everything that a tablet would do except it was made to be a radio. Expandable storage too so you can just load up your files on an SD card.
>>
File: 4CDNsec[1].jpg (98KB, 1024x768px)
4CDNsec[1].jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
don't want to make a new thread so i'll post my question here

I got an old slk r170 still with original everything
is there ANY stereo that even looks REMOTELY fitting into the interior and the "ORIGINAL MERCEDES ORANGE™® DO NOT STEAL" color scheme?
every stereo i found is flashy with lots of bling bling in bright rice red or any other vomit inducing colors

pic related is the radio and how it looks in the car
>>
>>16270591
Eh, I don't think that would fit in my car and the price range is too high for me.
>>16270527
What do you mean?
Can you just plug it there without having a radio with an aux port?
I was thinking of securing it there with some velcro.
>>
File: 6Ack2nE[1].png (64KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
6Ack2nE[1].png
64KB, 300x200px
>>16270618
here the orange color
>>
>>16270620
> I don't think that would fit in my car

It's a standard double din. If you can fit a tablet in your car this should fit

>price range is too high for me
You will easily spend close to the same amount of money buying a fuck ton of adapters to get the tablet to interface with your car. Not worth the constant frustration, trust me on that man.

If you do not have $200 to spend on a head unit, I would recommend waiting until you do. $200 is pretty much the price to quality sweet spot, anything below will be really shit quality.
>>
>>16270434
just use a tape to aux adapter. or an adapter that plugs into the back of the radio.
>>
>>16270635
I mean, it already came with a radio with an aux port(no usb port sadly) so I would only need to get a cheap android tablet and some velcro.
>>
>>16270623
>>16270618
Do you know if that is standard DIN size? That might be the biggest problem for you in finding a head unit that will work.

Finding a non flashy one is tough though. Try checking out marine head unites, those usually aren't as pimp-my-ride esq but it can be hard finding non white ones.
>>
>>16270618
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-1289
See about this
>>
>>16270641
Sorry, I thought you were the anon talking about mounting it in your dash in place of a head unit. If that's the case then yes, that is definitely an option
>>
>>16270649
>>16270656
thank you very much, now I have something to look at instead of wading though endless amounts of rice on ebay and worse, thank you
>>
>>16270618
They make ones with a Customizable color display. Pioneer makes some good ones. So does jvc and kenwood. With a customizable color one you can make it match the orange of the rest of your gauges. It should be easy to find one in black. The real question is will it fit. Check to make sure that head unit is din size or if it has an install kit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.