[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, the interest of cars has just recently struck me. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey /o/, the interest of cars has just recently struck me. I'm looking for a cheap, fun, and easy to mod first car. any suggestions?

ALSO: i really like the look of 90's civic hatchbacks. Almost all of my friends who are into cars make fun of civic's. is there a reason i shouldnt get one? thank you
>>
File: 3VYC2Km.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3VYC2Km.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
Any honda. 240's are pretty cool if you can find one that you can get on the road without paying an arm and a leg for. Trucks can be fun to play with too. People make fun of civics because they pioneered the rice scene, and the kind of "car" guy that drives one thinks that vtec is the be all end all of the car world.

That being said, some of those things are nothing to fuck with if they are boosted. Look up boostedboiz on youtube.
>>
Get either a civic for 3k, a fiero with body kit, or some kind of weird dodge stratus. /Thread
>>
i had a 99 civic hatch, had a b16 /w 160hp in it.
was a super fun car once i put coilovers on it.
not beating many v8's but fun nonetheless
>>
>>16269284
if you want a car to modify, do research on it first and make sure the aftermarket has what you want for it.

Also, no fun project car like this should be automatic. Manual or nothing. It's supposed to be your fun car, not a daily driver penalty box.

As to research, lurking on forums and reading helps a lot.

I tend to avoid Hondas if only because researching into the cars is hard. It's hard to find reliable info on any Honda forum since the Honda fanbase is so cancerous and misinformation spreads constantly

Find the /hg/ thread here and ask your honda questions there and you're more likely to get correct answers.
>>
>>16269300

Gay
>>
>>16269284
>buying the mexican tax
>>
>>16269284

Like Civic hatchbacks? Get one with a B18 already swapped aslong as it's clean and not a rust bucket, gut the fuck out of it, suspension mods and chassis stiffening and you'd smoke your friends.

My naghboor has a B18 swapped and gutted EG hatch, it's tempting desu.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice guys :) happy to see there is at least one board on this sight that isn't filled with pure rudeness and uselessness
>>
>>16269284
Depends on your budget and direction. If you're wanting to go ultimate poorfag, get the 3k civic meme.
If you're wanting to spend say 5k to 10k and wanna go fast in a straight line, turd gen camaro or FB mustang
If you're wanting to spend say 5k to 10k and want a zippy car that handles well, get a miata.

/thread
>>
>>16269478
So long as your name isn't Alphonse and there's an actual discussion to be had, we tend to be fairly helpful. We just don't tolerate stupidity
>>
>>16269284
Really depends on what you want performance-wise relative to your budget. As >>16269300 said, boosted Civics can get fast BUT that is by no means a beginner mod, and not what most of that scene goes for. They're easy to make quick-ish, but most of the appeal to a non-ricer is the handling fun. They're light, they have good suspension to start, and can get even better without a ton of money. If you have good twisties near you, that can be a heap of fun.
If you wanna go fast cheap, look at foxbody mustangs andd (if slightly less cheap) 4th gen Camaros and such. This is probably better if you don't live near good roads, because getting those to handle well is difficult/nigh upon impossible.
Cheers, glad to have another convert!
>>
Civics have the pro of being incredibly cheap from the start, you can find a pretty decent 90s civic for around $1000 if you wanna keep it mostly stock. Most of them will have extremely high miles so if you know what you doing(or know someone who does) it'd probably be best to find one with a decent body/interior with a blown motor or something and do a swap.

Most people swap for a B series motor because they're relatively cheap and can make some pretty decent power for a N/A four banger. The B18 is a common motor, vtec or not. You can get B18C1 long blocks all day on ebay for $2000-$3000. You can make 200whp on one of those if you know what you're doing N/A.

ive heard of a ls/vtec motor making 250 whp N/A but take that with a grain of salt.

Even swapping an old EF hatch or something with a newer non vtec motor will make it a blast in the twisties with the right suspension setup.

I dont own a honda
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.