[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. I'm due for an upgrade since I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 71765261.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
71765261.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
Hey /o/. I'm due for an upgrade since I'm currently in a pickle with my current car, recently hit 230k with my 06 Dodge Magnum and problems keep coming up left and right. Recently started learning how to drive stick from my brother and I'm wanting to switch over to manual from auto.

I've found a used 2012 Ford Mustang V6 Manual for 13.5k, budget is 14k so it fits the bill. Also has 24k Miles. Guy took care of it, should I pull the trigger on it? Is this a solid choice? Done my research and haven't read much bad about the newer V6s.

Pic related, identical.
>>
Also had a Cold air intake installed, Pypes installed, bama performance tune also worth noting.
>>
File: 1477686051421.png (160KB, 450x433px) Image search: [Google]
1477686051421.png
160KB, 450x433px
My questions are-

Would this be a solid pick for a first time manual?

Are the newer V6s worth getting into? Heard nothing but good about them.

What kind of life can I expect out of the newer V6's?

Anything I should know or consider would be appreciated!
>>
File: c65.jpg (19KB, 460x299px) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
19KB, 460x299px
>>16264163
thats not th car you buy for a first time manual. the only thing your going to do is fuck up the gear box by grinding and burning up the clutch because your "learning" still.

a civic or old toyota is a good first time manual car
>>
>>16264277
you could pick up a clean 09 GT and have a few grand still in your pocket. Or even an 08 Bullitt.

It's an ok pick for a first time if you understand RWD
It's a good motor but if you're buying a mustang, get the GT. Fast and exhaust noise are the only things these cars do well.
It'll run forever but don't buy it.

tl;dr get the GT.
>>
>>16266383
why would he get an old v8 that produces the same power as a new v6?
>>
>>16266373
this is fucking retarded. Girls learn to drive standard in a day or two. Unless OP is an idiot he's not going to fuck up anything on that car.
>>
>>16266406
Because a month down the road he isn't gonna be regretting not getting the V8, older engine or not. The new V6 is a good motor, with excellent gas mileage and is certainly world's better than the older V6 motors, but it's still doesn't compare to to how the GT feels or sounds.
>>
>>16266470
Meant regret getting the V8
>>
>>16266470
Idk for me its more about looks and I find the post 2010 mustangs look at least twice as good as the 05-09 ones, and I'd much rather have a decent v8 like the coyote or ls motor over the 4.6
>>
>>16266496
I can understand that. Of course, the compromise would trying to find a cheap 10 GT that has the look of the 11-12 Coyote but has the 4.6. I imagine that would be a bit cheaper. Like i said, not trying to say the Cyclone motors are bad, but theres just that feeling you get in the GT that the V6 cant replicate.
>>
>>16266448
Nigger you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: rside-600.jpg (24KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
rside-600.jpg
24KB, 600x255px
Just a FYI, you can buy a fucking corvette that's better in every single way for that 14k
>>
>>16267687
accept OP is a nigger so he can't pay 14k cash for a car. he's gotta finance.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.