[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a story. My parents owned a Golf MK2 that they sold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: golf.png (640KB, 680x426px) Image search: [Google]
golf.png
640KB, 680x426px
Here's a story.

My parents owned a Golf MK2 that they sold to my uncle. It was a pretty solid car, but sadly it's rotting in front of my uncle's garage. He said the electrical part caught fire and since then he didn't drive it.

My question is, /o/, if I convince him to give it to me, would it be worth trying to restore? I don't know what caused the fire nor how bad the damage trully is, but it would be a shame to let it die.

Pic related is the actual car from 4 summers or so ago when he still used to drive it.
>>
Grab it from him, fix the electrical problem, and then swap in a decent Toyota drivetrain.

Yeah, it's worth it if you get rid of the terrible VW engine and transmission.
>>
MK2 Golfs are real tractor simple shits compared to modern hatches.

They're a fuckton to work on so if you want to get into wrenching, this is one of the fucking best opportunities to get experience.

If fixed through and through, they're also incredibly reliable and durable (don't listen to meme burgers, they don't know european made MK2 golfs)
>>
>>16260265
*a fuckton of fun to work on

need some sleep
>>
>>16260265
>don't listen to meme burgers
It's sad that you euros are so used to overcomplicated pieces of shit.

I mean, I really do feel sorry for you guys.
>>
>>16260299
why do americans think foreigners are interested in their opinions?
>>
>>16260315
Why do you insist on driving shit?
>>
>>16260319
Why do you care what other people do? Fuck off and mind your own.
>>
File: 14468746878.gif (96KB, 239x306px) Image search: [Google]
14468746878.gif
96KB, 239x306px
>>16260299
>overcomplicated
>Golf MK II
>overcomplicated

This is pure fucking comedy gold
>>
File: 1480478044813.jpg (297KB, 1600x1067px)
1480478044813.jpg
297KB, 1600x1067px
>>16260265
"We engineer it so much it never break, ja?"

Then in 50,000 miles when one of those slippers wears through and some poor sod has to replace it...
>>
>>16260299
lmao kys my man
>>
>>16260357
halt doch einfach dein dummes maul du spast
>>
>>16260347
>An extra timed shaft down the engine to drive the distributor and the oil pump

>simple

>One tie rod end is crimped on and uses the other three to adjust toe-in and center the steering wheel

>simple

>Adjusting toe-in means both inner tie rods need to be adjusted to recenter the steering wheel or the steering wheel needs to come off

>simple

>retarded bellcranks and levers on the shifter everywhere

>simple
>>
>>16260378
Shit like that is why the Krauts lost the war.
>>
File: golf_md.png (325KB, 646x334px)
golf_md.png
325KB, 646x334px
I made a 3DT model of how I'd want it to look (putting this angry looking hood). Should I or leave it stock?

Also don't know if you noticed, but the rims aren't original so I'd like to change that aswell.
>>
>>16260429
you goon
>>
>>16259938
>electric part caught fire

That's a first.

What is there even to catch fire in a mk2 golf besides the starter,alternator and the radio?
>>
>>16260429

the angry hood will get you tons of laughs (from others).

at least in the late 90's most just ignored people who had these mods
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.