[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying a new (barely used) vehicle that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Water.jpg (51KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
Water.jpg
51KB, 650x366px
I'm thinking of buying a new (barely used) vehicle that has a salvage title due to water damage. 2016 model year and it's 50% off MSRP, I wouldn't even have to finance it.

Anyone who has experience with salvaged or water damaged titles want to tell me how stupid I am?
>>
>water damage

NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
>>16259907

This. Water will fuck everything up bad. Esp. if it was salt water, which is probable depending on where it's from.
>>
Nope nope, especially if it's salt water.

Offer them 30% of MSRP and plan to replace everything electronic and the entire interior. And even then - fuck that.
>>
>>16259901
Are you the same dumb fuck that made the same thread a few weeks ago? You realize these cars are all issued certificates of destruction which trashes the VIN and ensures you will never be able to make it road legal. There is absolutely nothing you can do with one of these vehicles other than part it out.
>>
>>16259956
that is not even close to correct here in the US. they get a rebuilt salvage title and literally get totaled for the carpet getting wet via flood

assuming op is in the states it may not be a bad buy
>>
>>16259901
>I'm thinking of buying a new (barely used) vehicle that has a salvage title due to water damage.
Water in the engine bearings severely shortens its life. Salvage title engines have no warranty if you move it to another car to try to sneakily clear the VIN.

Before you buy, you should look at your state's website FAQ about salvage vehicle VINs and what you can legally do with them.
>>
>water damage
ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS OUT THE ASS
Seriously, all the electronics are fucked or as good as fucked. Don't bother, it's not worth it.
>>
>>16259901
That depends. Are you a nigger?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.