[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the B6 S4. They are getting cheap. I do all my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: audi-a4-1.8t-03.jpg (217KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
audi-a4-1.8t-03.jpg
217KB, 1600x1200px
Redpill me on the B6 S4. They are getting cheap.

I do all my own work and I am not opposed to buying one and pulling the motor to do the chain tensioners.

>Pic somewhat related
>>
>>16257961
>understeer
>worse than an e46
>rebadged vw
>>
>>16257967
Eh?

I had a UrS4 people said had terminal understeer when stock. Mine was stock and it sure didn't when I drove it.

>worse than an e46
E46 Doesn't have AWD

>rebadged vw
This part worries me. The VAG has a difficult time understanding the concept of durability.
>>
>>16257981
330xi exists buddy. Why would you want awd though? It's unnecessary.
>>
>>16257961
Endless money pit. You'll see
>>
Probably the worst engine audi ever made. Only good S4's are the B5 and B8
>>
>>16257961
random timing chain snaps that can be replaced by pulling the engine.
http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-the-v8-audi-s4-is-an-awful-used-car-1676466510
>>
2.7 Biturbo S4 would be a better choice if you want da juice, or a 2,2 T
>>
>>16257961
>I am not opposed to buying one and pulling the motor to do the chain tensioners.
You sure about this? The rebuild kit alone costs 3 grand and Audis are notorious for being even more of a bitch to work on than Mercs and much less reliable than BMWs.
Also big heavy engine ahead of the front axle means understeer for days.

4.2 V8 sounds great and the car itself looks good, but that's about it.
>>
When have you seen any B6s driving around in the past 5 years? How about E46s?

Made my point, didn't I?
>>
File: sR0002747.jpg (599KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
sR0002747.jpg
599KB, 1200x900px
lol @ all the pussy ass bitches on a car forum afraid to pull a motor. do it op if you can get one cheap enough. then supercharge it.

also fyi your pic is an a4, which is also a good option if you like putting big turbos on things. itd actually be cheaper to make an a4 faster than an s4 than it would be to get the s4 and replace the tensioners. more fun too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.