[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to the prices of Japanese import cars in Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: import-an-R32-gtr-9a.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
import-an-R32-gtr-9a.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
What happened to the prices of Japanese import cars in Europe? Two years ago there were plenty of r32, r33, 200SX (not even import), etc. for around 2000 - 3000 Euro. Now the price is rarely under 10.000 Euro. What happened that the costs increased that much? Fuck that shit I wanted to buy a cool JDM car after my studies. Seems like even in Japan the prices went up in just a coupel of years.
>>
Demand is high. Supply is getting only lower... so try to fetch a well maintained, not too much fucked with car. Impossible.

Nowadays when you are trying to buy used sporty RWD/AWD car in Europe, you are left with either BMW or Subaru as those are available in vast numbers of models from various generations. We know how expensive it is to own used beamer and not everyone likes subies so there is that.

Also, RHD cars can be bought from England but running them on mainland is problematic, conversions to LHD always fuck up something... it is meh.

But here, go buy some FWD shitbox with 3 cylinder and small turbo that puts out 100 hp and eats petrol like a 3 liter V6. Good job automakers!
>>
Only so many to go around, once they're gone that's it.
Plus the amerispergers discovered their government would sometimes allow them to import some made before 1993-4(?) so there's a bit more demand for some models.
>>
File: mazda-rx-7-fc-adv-05.jpg (80KB, 1024x441px) Image search: [Google]
mazda-rx-7-fc-adv-05.jpg
80KB, 1024x441px
>>16253632
>>16253633
That's pretty sad. Let's just hope there will be more cars like the GT86 in future. I was born 20 years too late.
>>
>>16253648
I genuinely like that they're making 4banger, rwd coupes again, they end product isn't remarkable but the fact they actually made it is.
Should still be a fair few S14 and S15's around for sale, most of the 180sx's and S13 coupes are getting super scarce to the point I regret selling mine. Aside from that the RX7's are still available, but pricey, R33's and 34's are getting very expensive but still obtainable, most of the 32's are either dead, modded by well meaning but cretinous owners and anything from pre89 is really uncommon/unavailable

There's other stuff which is obscure enough to slip under the average casual faggots radar-
>Toyota Caldina GT4, MkII Grande and Crown Majesta
>Lancer Evo's from 7-10, Galant VR4
>Daihatsu Copen
>Nissan Cema and Stagea

Plenty of those still out there and they're kind of fun on the cheap-ish end of the scale
>>
Don't forget Mitsubishi FTO
2 liter v6
>>
>>16253632
>Nowadays when you are trying to buy used sporty RWD/AWD car in Europe, you are left with either BMW or Subaru

>tfw i don't like BMW
>tfw i just want a cheap, fun rwd car
>prices of miatas are starting to get itsane

just kill me guys
>>
>>16253632

You could always get some old Quattro for cheaper than even a BMW.
>>
America
>>
File: opel-omega_5010[1].jpg (282KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
opel-omega_5010[1].jpg
282KB, 1200x800px
>>16253718

You could always get this, or a MB.

Can`t really call them sporty though.
>>
>>16253724
+1 these haul ass and handle quite well for a big car tonnes of grip in the rear but needs suspension and wider tyres even 245s at the front arnt quite enough.

t. Aussie with a ls1 vx Opel omega b
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.