[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. Current car is my dad's 1992 civic shitbox. Thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2014-scion-fr-s_100433075_h.jpg (304KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2014-scion-fr-s_100433075_h.jpg
304KB, 2000x1333px
Hey /o/. Current car is my dad's 1992 civic shitbox. Thinking about upgrading to pic related, is it a good choice? I'd go for a used one under 18k.
>>
>>16253027
A 3k civic is a better car.
>>
model s only way to go
>>
FRS is overpriced. Go for used Miata.
>>
File: 1474122175028.jpg (93KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474122175028.jpg
93KB, 960x720px
>>16253027
everyone here hates that car. Go test drive one and see if you like it, if you do buy it
>>
>>16253027
OP please do what >>16253053
this guy says. It is a good idea to try out the car.
It would also be nice if we could have more information. What our your planes for it? WIll it be your only ride? etc...
>>
>>16253064 OP probably is trying to get his dick wet
>>
>>16253053
Yeah I'm planning on testing it soon.

>>16253064
I'm going to use it as a daily driver, want something fun but not too fast.
>>
>>16253027
the frs and miata are meme cars, but you could do worse anon, for the money a wrx/sti is a car you can grow into and has better out of the box performance. but If you just want an $18k go-kart than buy an frs desu
>>
>>16253076
But the Frs is more fuel efficient.
>>
>>16253088

>sports car

>fuel efficient

nice meme
>>
>>16253088
im not sure about that i get 25mpg in a stage 2 wrx on a 93 tune
>>
>>16253073
It sounds like a good car for you, maybe do what other anon's said and try some used wrx/evo's or something else.
>>
>>16253076
Yes they are meme cars but that doesn't mean they are bad. you just have to know why you want one and not be a sheep.
>>
>>16253027
Well it handles pretty well. When your warranty is up if you insist on being a cuck and buying new, you better bolt a big tarbo on it.

Personally I don't like how aggressive they look but if you like it, go for it.
>>
>>16253027
It really just depends on what you want in a car. You can get a used for less than 15k, I've seen some under 12 on CL.

I take mine out daily, it's not the greatest on fuel. Your 92 civic probably does about the same if not better depending on how you drive. Almost guarantee it will be quieter and more comfortable, though.

Would you be getting a manual or auto? Do you fight traffic a lot? Are you willing to put up the $3-5k to get the car where it should have been from factory?
>>
>>16253091
Quit talking out of your ass. If I drive economically I routinely get ~31 mpg per tank, city driving.
>>
>>16253027
I had a 2016 as a daily driver for about 10 months before someone t-boned me at an intersection and totaled it. I loved the car, but go in knowing that it isn't going to be very fast. However, it gave me absolutely 0 problems, was very comfortable, even on trips from Los Angeles to San Francisco, Los Angeles to Mammoth Lakes, and even Vegas. Fuel economy is great considering it's a sports car. I filled up the tank maybe once every 10 days or so and insurance wasn't too pricey either; I only paid about $150/month as a 24 year old male in Southern California. The best thing you can do is test drive one. Try it out for yourself, find some people locally that are willing to let you check theirs out, both stock and modified.
>>
>>16253817
Forgot to mention that mine was bone stock. The torque dip is more exaggerated than it really is. On the streets you won't notice it unless you're going WOT.
>>
>>16253825
>The torque dip is more exaggerated than it really is

Yeah its only noticeable if you are pulling straight through a gear. If you either shift below 3k for economy or above 4k for performance, you're not gonna notice it at all.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.