[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lorry Challenge >Boating Challenge 1 and 2 >Killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: top-gear.jpg (57KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
top-gear.jpg
57KB, 640x430px
>Lorry Challenge
>Boating Challenge 1 and 2
>Killing the Hilux
>Bolivia
>Botswana
>US (not the muscle car one)
>Burma
>Vietnam
>Africa
>North Pole
>Middle East
>Stretch Limo Challenge
>$100 Car Challenge
>Porsche Challenge
>Budget Super Car Challenge
>British Leyland Challenge
>Bike, car, train race
>Maxing the Veyron

184 episodes and those are the only ones I actually enjoy. Even some of them the acting is too hamfisted to be enjoyable, Vietnam was just a character developing story for Clarkson even though he'd ridden a bike on the show before.

Top Gear had its moments but generally was a pretty trash show
>>
>>16252806
Too bad youre telling me this after i watched every episode.
You could have saved me so much time by expressing your opinion much soon.
>>
Personally, I'm more upset that The Grand Tour has turned out to be a complete bag of shite.
>>
>>16253676
The newest episode was them back on form. They're at their best when they're just driving places, or when they're doing utterly stupid shit with cheap cars.
>>
>>16253676
Honestly, I still enjoy it. I recognize that it won't ever truly be as good as those classics listed earlier, but since I haven't gotten my hopes up, it's fairly watchable. Half of the fun of OG Top Gear was the segments-- Star in a Reasonably Priced Car, Stig, the Hot/Not board, etc. Due to BBC licensing, we will NEVER get to see these segments used by The Lads again. It's just a fact. Can't have 'em. As a matter of fact, the first episode took the piss out of itself a little, with a fake segment and everything.
>>
>>16253698
The newest episode was the worst of the three. It's the same fucking joke repeated over and over "hurr durr Hammond's got an unsophisticated American instead of a stylish European one". Then they repeat the joke with celebrity that's been stale by the third victim in the first episode. Then they repeat couple more jokes from Top gear about autonomous cars and pedal cars. All of that in a very cringey, predictable and forced manner. At least with Edge of Tomorrow parody they didn't pretend like it actually happened, this time you have to see them try to act as if Hammond's loud noise was actually ruining museum and opera and had them dropped from a gondola.
Only time I laughed during this episode was when they were standing around simply making fun of Rolls' pretentious brochure.
>>
>>16253784
>they didn't pretend like it actually happened
Yes, James May's nervous twitch, and Hammond's car being loud enough to be heard miles away was clearly meant to be 100% believable and serious.
>>
>>16253784
>newest episode was worst of the three

no it fucking wasn't you you cunt, fuck outta here with all of that tryhard contrarianism. 2nd episode was trash
>>
File: superfuckingkillyourself.png (116KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
superfuckingkillyourself.png
116KB, 480x336px
>>16252806
>No camper van challenge
>>
>>16253821
Oh yes it was. It was exactly what made later episodes of TG utter shit - heavy scripting and pre-baked jokes presented as actual banter. Remember things like 80s hot hatch challenge where Hammond would just happen to always roll over? Or the India special where all their effort would "suddenly" turn into worst possible? That's exactly what was this episode. No chemistry, no banter, no genuine feelings, just a line in the scrip saying "James and Jeremy looking disgusted *insert dodge revving here*" for dozen of pages. It wasn't even a new joke to begin with, but having to watch it happen again and again for the first 25 minutes of the episode with nothing else going on, I could do nothing but roll my eyes every time I would hear the revving.
>>
>>16253868
The 80s hot hatch challenge was one of the better ones. It captured the magic of being a teenager with a shitbox.
>>
>>16253871
No, the teenager car challenge captured magic of being a teenager with a shitbox, 80s hot hatch challenge captured only the magic of daytime entertainment tv shows.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (71KB, 611x616px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
71KB, 611x616px
Cars don't matter, its all about the host's "chemistry"
>>
>>16253676
Well in the first episode they did admit that episode 2 wasn't really a car show.
>>
>>16253876
>Racing your friends in shitty cars
>Disgusting wraps
>Doing stupid stunts
>Mulching the clutch
It was pretty much another take on the teenager episode.
>>
File: 1477853920169.jpg (168KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477853920169.jpg
168KB, 960x720px
>>16252806
>No Geoff\Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
>No Campervan Challenge

It's not the show that's trash.
It is, in fact, your taste.
>>
>>16254397
Can't forget:
>No teenager challenge
>No 24 hour race
>No 1500 bongbux porsche challenge
>No snowbine harvester
>No albania challenge
>Doesn't mention which Africa challenge
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.