[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, /o/, explain to me what the purpose of rev match downshifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IRL_Mario_Kart_Remi.gif (2MB, 311x260px) Image search: [Google]
IRL_Mario_Kart_Remi.gif
2MB, 311x260px
Ok, /o/, explain to me what the purpose of rev match downshifting is when you can just release the clutch a little slower and the synchromesh does it for you?
>>
>>16251186
Go dive into a corner at Hugh speed and quickly downshift without revmatching and just releasing the clutch
You will shock the drive train and spin out and crash and aND die
>>
>>16251199
why would i dive into a corner at high speed?

i'm just talking about casual driving. not hitting mt. akina.
>>
>>16251186

Because you can spend less time setting up for the corner than your way. On the street, sure you can do that. Some racecars don't have syncros, so you actually have to double clutch them on the way down.
>>
I like preserving the life of my synchros
>>
>>16251186
It allows for faster smooth downshifts and it allows you to come off the clutch quicker, which wears your clutch less than a traditional downshift would.

There's isn't much benefit for doing it in normal driving other than it being fun desu.
>>
>>16251219
Normal driving it's not necessary. But it'll make your synchros last longer and some people like to do something g other than point the wheel in the direction you want to go and randomly mash pedals until you get there
>>
>>16251454

>it'll make your synchros last longer.

This. It's best practice in all types of driving.
>>
First of all, rev matching has absolutely nothing to do with the preservation of your transmission, engine, or synchros. This is all a complete meme propagated by people who do not know what they are talking about

Rev matching is a racing technique that allows for smoother shifting. That is it. That is the only reason for it. When you rev match, your input on the chassis and suspension is minimized because you do not have as strong of an effect from the engine braking so you're less likely to upset the geometry while racing (when it's the most critical)

That's it. Other than that, people just do it cause it sounds cool, makes the ride smoother, and is indicative of a skilled driver
>>
>>16251186
>synchromesh does it for you?

might as well just drive an autotragic you worthless scrubshit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.