[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, /k/tard here. My beloved '05 Envoy got rear-ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hi /o/, /k/tard here. My beloved '05 Envoy got rear-ended a couple weeks ago, and the collision shop said they can't replace the spare tire holder because it's bent and they can't remove it. Does this sound legit? If I wanted to repair it myself, how bad of a repair would it be and how much would it cost?
>>
>>16249575
it's a flat piece of sheet metal with a circle stamped into it. It's probably not available separately from the whole floor pan. You'd have to cut out the rear section from a good car and weld it in. kinda ghetto. Seems like they'd total something that old.
>>
What kind of collision shop can't fix collision damage?
>>
>>16249698
It was such minimal damage. It totaled up to like $2000.
>>
File: 2016-11-08 17.23.33.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-08 17.23.33.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Pic of crash damage
>>
>>16249575
i imagine its more a liability from the shop's pov, since americans are incredibly litigious and some will try and screw anyone out of money if they think they can.
>spare tire fall off on freeway because i didn't put it on right?
>blame shop that replaced holder and milk them for the pileup on the interstate
>>
>>16249867
given that your spare tire seems to have buried itself into the radiator of that focus I would guess that the tire carrier is pretty well fucked. Those things are such an afterthought I wouldn't be surprised if it was welded to the floorpan or something stupid like that. I would recommend getting a trailer hitch so you can fuck up the next focus even worse.
>>
>>16249867

damn japan is strong
>>
>>16249575

show us the actual damage
not some crushed ford focus
>>
>>16249867
People are always amazed at pictures like this and go "wow car that got hit is strong and car that did the hitting is weak"

Please realize this is rarely any kind of testament to the car's quality. Front ends have crumple zones and rear ends don't.
>>
File: 2016-11-08 17.29.56.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-08 17.29.56.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Spent some time looking it up, it seems there's a hoist assembly that actually holds it. It bolts onto the frame. When I get it back I'll have to look about a replacement hoist.
>>16249983
There's really not much to look at. The muffler was bent, the tow hich was bent a bit, and it needs a new bumper cover 'cause that got bent up and cracked a bit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.