[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for something specific; has anyone taken a 99-07 Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (714KB, 3000x1794px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
714KB, 3000x1794px
Looking for something specific; has anyone taken a 99-07 Super Duty and swapped on an 08-10 front clip plus an 11-16 bed? Dually preferred, but not necessary.

I've got an 06 F350 dually, and i'm thinking about swapping front and back end. I've seen the front end and box swaps separately, but would love to see them put together. Main reason for even considering this is that i really like the 99-07 interior, 08-10 front end, 11-16 box, and really really really hate the 08+ interiors. Dumb, i know, but whatever, i'm bored at work.

I guess if anyone swapped an 11-16 bed on an 08-10 body, that would work fine for visuals. Which is hard enough to search for. Thanks!
>>
>>16245143
why don't you save up money for a FICM, turbo, head, or anything/everything else that likes to go wrong on 6.blows
but really it should be straight forward
not sure about going from an 06 to 08, but I had a friend swap panels from a 01 to an 06 and he said that they just interchanged without any fabrication.
>>
>>16245227
I hear you, and i will! EGR delete, oil cooler are done. I just cleaned the turbo. My next step was either FICM or studs, then i'll be happy.

06 to 08 is pretty straight forward, there's a couple threads on it. I did see some 06's with 11 boxes, but didn't see any 08-10 with 11-16 boxes
>>
>>16245272
I don't think the boxes should be that big of an issue
at school there was a 2001 7.3 with a 2006 box on it. I talked to the kid a bit and he said everything lined up
>>
Yes, there's a few threads on FTE of people who've done similar mods. I think a little cutting needs to be done on the core support, but it's pretty straight forward.

Personally I think the 05-07's look the best all around.

>>16245272
6.blows are underrated, yes they are picky as fuck, but keep them happy and their a great engine. 7.3's have priced themselves out of the market, and 6.4's are just as bad as a 6.0 with more shit to go wrong.
>>
>>16245272
I'm fairly sure the only difference between 08-10 and 11-16 boxes is the larger fuel door. I know they use the same tail lights and tailgate anyway. but the frame wasn't changed from 99 to 16 so it's all interchangeable.
>>
File: 80s dodge gayness.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
80s dodge gayness.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>16245143
i helped a friend do the front clip update from '05 to '09, it took us a weekend. fuck of with the box swap tho, those dually fenders are straight up 80's dodge gay
>>
>>16245143
It's do-able. Ford's share a similar platform.

Check Ford Trucks like the guy said. People are doing F350 swaps on excursions or face lifts all the time. It will require some fabrication skills as mounting points are probably different.
>>
File: IMAG0609.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0609.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>16245476
I agree, they get a lot of shit, but i love my 6.blow. With just the delete/cooler, the only issue i've had in 2 years is batteries (age, no biggie) and i blew the coupler off the turbo, due to the vanes sticking (just rolled 140k miles, not shocking).

>>16245574
Gotcha thank you, i will take a closer look at the boxes.

>>16246218
Awesome, good to know it can be done quickly! When i first saw the fenders, i agreed with you. They've started to grow on me.

Pic related, it's muh truck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.