[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinion on early Z cars? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What's /o/'s opinion on early Z cars?

Pic related. Thinking of buying an '84 300zx. Its the base model but standard trans & $1500, 120k miles.
>>
>>16237903
shit rust buckets
>>
>>16237910
You just killed my boner. So like, what? All of them??
>>
>>16237927
Nissans are known for rusting.
Not sure why.
>but it's Datsun
same shit
>>
>>16237939
He did mention minor rust. But its been in Florida its entire life I think.
>>
>>16237946
>But its been in Florida its entire life I think.
So then it has major hidden rust.

Florida has the saltiest air in the country and it's a nightmare for cars
http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/583661-best-state-buy-rust.html

you better be looking at it in every nook and cranny.
>>
>>16237903
The zx is a longer, heavier version of the z car with the same drive train. That's why a used 300z costs a lot more than a 300zx.

Also, yeah, they have a problem with rust, so make sure you're checking out the undercarriage when you go looking at one.
>>
>>16237927
they will rust, they have a smog-relic v6, they have electrical issues, but asides from all of that they're breddy gud. There's a reason they're so cheap.
>>
This thread again?
>>
Old Datsun Fairlady good project car if you got the time and money. Final product worth it if you finish.

Old 300zx is shit unless you do engine swap. Chances are if you're making this thread you will be doing your first swap. You are better off taking a Z3w and restoring it. They look better than the old shitty ones amd are easier to find in somewhat workable condition.

Only benefit to getting an older 300zx is the cool dashboard. At that point you may as well be in a R31 Skylilne looking for SR20 swaps.
>>
>>16238052

>R31

OP is likely a burger, we didn't get those and importing is expensive. The ones already here are stupid expensive as well because hurr Durr skyrine means geeteearr
>>
Fast cars
>>
>>16237958
There was no such thing as a 300Z.

There was the 280Z and the 280ZX, the former being on the S30 platform and the latter on the S130 platform. The 300ZX covered two platforms, Z31 and Z32.
>>
Z32 >Z31

for better prices as well
>>
Turbo's are cool. I'll race you on the highway in my Mk3 supra blasting Synthwave. Midnight, Targa top off, Sunglasses on.
>>
>>16238064
Yeah, I was mostly referencing the dashboard.

I find it unlikely most ppl here starting threads are capable of finishing a project car anyway lmao.
>>
I love car specific threads
So many opinions from people who haven't owned the car.
This applies to all cars but its getting common with the Z31.
To make it short and sweet Rust is your only concern, check the trunk. Read Z31 buying guides and leave this imageboard if you want to get anywhere.
>>
>>16239127
>Synthwave
didn't know there were still seats left on that bandwagon you hopped on
>>
>>16237903
Owned an 85 Z31 5 speed VG30E, bought it for a grand. Aftermarket is very lacking, fixing any of the EFI/vacuum spaghetti is a fucking pain, suspension setup is archaic, rust is usually a problem, and good luck finding an LSD for it.

If you want a GOOD Z31, get a late model turbo, they look a lot better and don't need much more than an intercooler and a boost controller to make a fun amount of power. They'll cost more, but if I was to buy another Z31, that's what I'd get.

There are better 80s cars out there, but if you really want a Z31, learn to wrench and diagnose shit, and get a decent one.

>>16237958
>300Z
No such thing.
>>
>>16237903
I have one I bought for 1500, engine blew about 500 miles into my ownership. Passenger side cam shaft sheared leaving me stranded on the side of the road last 4th of July. Fun stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.