[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as "old school staggered wheels"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: pantera-27-1000x667.jpg (81KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
pantera-27-1000x667.jpg
81KB, 1000x667px
Is there such thing as "old school staggered wheels" in mothern cars?

Meaning one wheel being and inch or 2 bigger in Diameter on the back, wider in the back, and having fat ass tires

Im so fucking done with all this low profile, stretched tire bullshit that even some companies do it oem

Post pics if you have them
Thanks!
>>
A number of model years of the Lexus IS and certain trim levels of the Infiniti G37 have staggered wheels, but probably not to the extent you're thinking. You'd miss it if you weren't looking at the tire sizes themselves
>>
why would you ever want a staggered setup

it sucks ass for driving and makes you look like you belong in a trailer park to the extent you want
>>
My 2017 Camaro SS came with a staggered set up, thought not very agressive. 245 in the front, 285 in the rear. 20 inch wheels on all fours though. I want to go wider in the rear though for more agressive looking rear.
>>
>>16235150
That's not staggered. That's common as shit.

Staggered means the DIAMETER is larger, not the width.
>>
I think Hyundai does this on the Genesis Coupe.
>>
>>16235672
No. It's just common in styling now days for them to make the rear wheel arch appear larger, but the diameters are the same still. It's fucking annoying.
>>
Meh, the most extreme modern example would probably be the plymouth prowler, which had 17s in the front and 20 inch wheels on the back. but honestly you are a dumbfuck for lashing out at people thinking you meant wider in the back than in the front, because that's what staggered means.

smaller wheels in the front than in the back is typically for rake purposes and thus it makes you a boomer, so fuck off boomer.
>>
I have old centec racing wheels on the rear of my nova, not too wide though. It's too dark to take pics rn
>>
I have to say op I felt the same way especially with my 19s and it's like 2 Inches of sidewall. I didn't like the amount of shock transfer from bumps and shit especially with the stiff suspension. But then I put on some 18s with double the profile and holy shit I can't stand the amount of roll and flex the tires have. I feel like I'm driving a lifted truck when I try to take a corner with a very mild amount of spirit or switching lanes quickly. There's a very noticeable lag from when I turn to when the car starts rolling from flexing the tires to when it actuality moves the direction I want, it's so fucking odd. Of course it glides over bumps and holes, but I just can't get over the god awful handling. I can't wait for it to be summer again so I can put my 19s back on

>>16235846
Same diameter, wider tire. 245s on the back and 225s on the front (for the rspec)
>>
>>16235662

No it's not you stupid fucking toothless inbred.

https://www.google.com/search?q=staggered+tires&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
Vipers have xbox huge tires in the back, don't they?
>>
>>16235050
SmartFortwo's rear wheels are 5mm fatter than the front ones
>>
>>16235050
Lotus Elises used to have 15s at the front and 16s at the back
>>
>>16235050
Amg gt s and above have 20s in the back, 19s in the front
>>
>>16237644
The original Viper had 335/30R17... very wide but small in diameter compared to modern sports cars.
>>
>>16235050
I think g37 and 370z have that. Maybe the other infiniti models as well like m37/56
>>
>>16237979
Modern family sedans have larger diameter wheels than exotic sportsters from 20 years ago.
>>
>>16235118
Helps prevent oversteer in RWD cars.

You have ricers and driftfags to blame for the plague of skinny tires. Things to stop them going sideways are unpopular.
>>
File: 1454457530462.jpg (100KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1454457530462.jpg
100KB, 800x534px
>>16235050
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.