[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think we should start snatching up 996's while there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: imageshandler.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
imageshandler.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
do you think we should start snatching up 996's while there still cheap?

porsche isn't giving us clarification on wether the mid engine layout of the RSR is gonna become the norm for the 911 but, with the ever increasing strictness of safety standards, I feel like it's going to happen
>>
>>16234817
Fuck off, Grog.
>>
>>16234817
Porsche buyers only buy the 911 because they're delusional baby boomer fanboys who don't want anything to change from the 1963 model 911.

If they went MR they would go out of business in 10 minutes.
>>
>>16234844
They make shit loads of money from their SUVs though
>>
>>16234844
Also because 911's are really good sports cars

A hundred times better than your shitbox for sure
>>
>>16234896
Porsche put electric power steering in the 911 and their stock dropped considerably.

I know their cars are good, their customers are shitheads.
>>
>>16234844
>If they went MR they would go out of business in 10 minutes.

What is Cayman and Boxster? Also >>16234865

>B-b-but a MR 911 would be a completely different car that no one would buy
That's the same kind of argument that came around with the 996 because
>muh aircooling
but surprise surprise, the 911 still exists and still sells. The majority of people buying new 911s don't care about where the engine is. The ones that do either already own older Porsches, or are only interested in them.
>>
File: Alligatorking2.jpg (38KB, 283x259px) Image search: [Google]
Alligatorking2.jpg
38KB, 283x259px
>>16234817
>post yfw people crying about MR 911
>glossing over fact that next-gen Porsche's will have a shared chassis
>>
>>16234817
>porsche isn't giving us clarification on wether the mid engine layout of the RSR is gonna become the norm

They explicitly said that they had no plans on making a road version of the new RSR.

Also, I don't understand your logic. Why would the racecar cause anybody start panic-buying the most hated 911 body. Why not older 911? Or the 997 which was better than the 996 in every way?
>>
>>16237145
well of course they're not going to make road legal RSR's but there is a chance they could start making all 911's mid engined which will be a much more significant change than going water cooled

if they do go mid engine then, soon, 996's, 997's and 991's will finally be up there with the air cooled ones in terms of value

you can find a 996 carrera for about 10-15 grand depending on where you live while the equivalent 993 is going for 50-60 grand so this could possibly be the right time to pick up 996 and cash in at this moment
>>
I'd start buying up 991.1 examples. Very well may be the last naturally aspirated non-GT or R 911.

I've got one already, but I'm driving the hell out of it.
>>
>>16234817
They wont switch to MR because they'd lose the back seats
>>
>>16234817
Aren't they required to sell a bunch of those cars to the public to be able to race them?
I though engine position was one of those things you can't really change in a race car before you have to stop calling it with the name of a road car.
>>
>>16238350
they can apply for special treatment
that's how snek can race despite not meeting any of the regulations for it's class
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.