[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ovg/ - 27 days till MikeyMas Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 66

Previous Thread: >>16209258

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>http://get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>https://mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc
>>
AC is a good game
>>
File: GetPhoto (27).jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (27).jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
Horizon 3 did nothing wrong
>>
/ovgturnleft2/ when?
>>
>>16229603
when Studio 397 fixes the Stock Cars and overall Oval Racing

so soon
>>
>>16229637
Or when I finish the Super Late Model!

Hah jk who am I kidding.

Update: Audi R8 suspension geometry is done and Team Absolute said no to giving more datas so the Bentley will only be about half complete.
>>
played the 1988 f1 mod for the first time in rf2. the cars drive miles better than they did in the rf1 version. also they nailed the sound.
>>
>>16230026
>>16230026

>Absolute said no

JUST
>>
>Accidentally buy car in auction i already have
>Try auctioning off
>No one buys it

Shit
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 1280x782px
Copped 3 months of iracing for $5.

Feels good but the cars and tracks are all so expensive. Stock content is definitely enough to keep me entertained for a while at least but idk how long.

Any content recommendations? I hear skip barber is pretty popular and good for scrubs like me.
>>
>>16231864
Skip Barber, Formula Renault, Advanced Mazda (depends on track) and GT3 is the most active car series so invest in those when you go up in licenses.

And buy as much as you can afford at the same time because the more items you buy at once the bigger discount you get.
>>
File: 1474922693094.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1474922693094.png
9KB, 401x367px
>Tfw Australians basically decide who gets to stay in the /ovg/ mumble

Who /most powerful race/ here?
>>
>>16232101
>actually going on mumble
>>
>>16231864
Don't spend money on iRacing in 2016 unless you are fantasticalky rich.
>>
>>16232145

It's funny how separated the voice servers for generals, website wide, are so separate and cancerous to the actual general.
>>
>No rewind feature for Multiplayer
>>
>>16231888
If the iRacing skip barber drives anything like the rf2 version then I might have to grab it sooner than later.

>>16232152
A few bucks here and there can't hurt.
>>
>>16232164
>Dumb trolls and shitposters constantly rewind races
>Little kids rewind races
>Online racing community is destroyed
>>
>>16232182
>here and here
oh boy

you can't even begin to imagine how much are you going to lose
>just one, single event, skip barber
>subscription
>one-time car
>"one-time" $15 every fucking time they change the track
>>
>>16232398
Will the skip barber + stock tracks not provide me with enough entertainment? It's not like I'm aiming to be competitive, just looking for some actual races against real people.
>>
>>16229422
By the way, does our fine /o/ community thinks that modern assetto corsa, with v10 tyre model and other improvements, is still "something between simcade and sim"?

I mean, it really feels like any other sim now, at least in high-speed (since its clutch "simulation" still feels like equation throttle=gas-clutch). AC is alright.
>>
>>16232398
Which is why if you are not poor you buy everything at once so you get the discount.

>>16232424
Maybe if you race with yourself. Anything beyond rookie class has paid tracks in the season. Of course something like D class where the Skip Barber is there is a lot of stock tracks in the season, but if you only buy the car there is going to be a lot out of the 13 weeks where you can't race.
>>
Hey /k/asual here. Any of you FAFSA play the new Dirt game ok ps4? Just looking pls no bully
>>
>>16232427
to expand on my previous post here is the current season for Skip Barber.

Only 2 out of 13 tracks this season are free.

>>16232431
DIRT Rally?
>>
>>16232424
Sure they will, but if you want to race in official races, there will be only paid tracks available. Or at least so i think, i haven't played it much.

That being said, i do have iracing account. I enjoy bitching about how much of a money sink it is, but i'm constantly falling into it myself. iRacing multiplayer is fun, always full of people, sometimes you can even find a server without retards.
>>
>>16232434
>Dirt rally
Yea senpai
>>
>>16232431
Pls disregard the obvious auto correct. Finishing out a long swing shift
>>
>>16232436
>I enjoy bitching about how much of a money sink it is, but i'm constantly falling into it myself.

Same it's sad that no other sim racer has figured out how to make a good MP as iRacing..

>>16232437
Yea. It's great and runs 60FPS on console. It's manageble with a controller but i would prefer to use a wheel.
>>
>>16232431
We have OVG Dirt Rally league (it's dead right now, but i have no problem reviving it if there is an audience), but it's PC and as far as i remember codies are retarded and won't allow cross-platform leagues. Man, fuck codies.

Maybe it changed now though.
>>
>>16232443
I often play on Assetto Corsa minorating GT3 server and i'd say quality of racing here is just as good as iRacing (at least on my pathetic irating). But that's an single server, single track, single car range - and iRacing offers kinda proper players for every piece of content they have.
>>
>>16232427
>>16232434
>>16232436
I'm definite not looking to run in the official season races or whatever. If I can hop in a random room and race with people then I'd be satisfied.

I'm still learning so participating in the "serious" races seems like a bad idea anyways.
>>
>>16232451
The difference is that iRacing is kinda the "console" of sim racing in that way that it's really just plug and play. You don't have to get mods from some website that fits the server you want to join etc..

RaceRoom had the potential to become a competitor to iRacing but instead it's online is just as generic as any other simracer.

>>16232459
That's not how iRacing works. It's not like any other simracer where you just pick a server.

In iRacing there is official races that uses the season schedule, and then there is "hosted sessions" which is mostly used for league races or practice for next weeks track in a current series.
>>
>>16232459
Wait, have you played iracing? Because either i don't know something about iracing, or you haven't played it even once.

AFAIK: there are only "official" races. There are various classes, cars, certain track for every class/event, and then every hour there is a race. You can't "hop in a random room", you hop in official class race and drive, and then system gives you certain irating and groups you with other noobs. This is why iracing multiplayer is so good, so you always have someone on your level to race.

And there is nothing wrong with being bad and playing official races. This is what everyone do, this is the only way to race here.
>>
>>16232464
>And there is nothing wrong with being bad and playing official races. This is what everyone do, this is the only way to race here.

It's exactly why the iRating system exists. To make sure that at least in populated series people race with people around the same level as them.
>>
>>16232461
>>16232464
Ah, I guess I interpreted the "what's hot" section poorly. It seemed like there were random rooms to join.

On a side note, what a slow piece of shit the iracing site is.
>>
>>16232481
>On a side note, what a slow piece of shit the iracing site is.

Yes, they are working on a standalone client and it will hopefully soon be ready for release
>>
>>16232481
this website is generally shit. it looks like 2002, plus it's so unbelievably fucking unintuitive that i consider every race start as my little personal achivement
>>
>>16232488
Yea it's not exactly newcomer friendly. I remember having a hard time to figure out how to do anything when i signed up 2 years back. And it definetely has not been made easier.
>>
File: imagegen.jpg (152KB, 738x480px) Image search: [Google]
imagegen.jpg
152KB, 738x480px
>tfw drove halfway across the country to btfo normies on a VR sim rig and won a drive in some actual race cars
>tfw they're including a FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST on the day

i knew being an /ovg/ autist was good for something
>>
>>16232504

english cuisine is disgusting
>>
>>16232504
okay
>>
>>16232504
Glad you'll be having a relevant breakfast. Hope you're not too tall for the cars!
>>
>>16232806
i'm only as tall as scottie after his shin implant operation so i should be ok
>>
File: 1459263545032.jpg (12KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1459263545032.jpg
12KB, 666x666px
>>16232101
feels good lad (check my singles)
>>
every FOV calculator recommends really low FOV and it feels very awkward.

For instance, iracing suggests around 50 but 80 feels much more comfortable. What do?
>>
>>16232897
set FOV you like, use it.

"1:1" FOV is very narrow indeed, which is why people are using three displays for racing sims. It seems like disadvantage, but when you get used to it, you won't be able to go back.
>>
http://news.xbox.com/2016/11/28/prepare-forza-horizon-3-blizzard-mountain-expansion/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
How does DiRT Rally compares to DiRT 3? I bought the later as it was on sale for spare change, and I just saw the former is on sale too, I'm currently downloading the game.

Should I pull the trigger on Rally? Offer ends tomorrow.
>>
>>16233094
Dirt 3 feels like full-blown arcade while Rally tries to be kinda sim-ish. Also, no dudebro gymhama in Rally, but that's just matter of design, so it's minor downside of Dirt 3.

Rally is way better.
>>
>>16232897
use what feels comfortable. online calculators have never given me a "proper" answer for race sims.
>>
>>16233112
Thanks m8, I'll go get it.
Hopefully soon I'll afford a wheel and go full driver.
>>
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Blizzard_Mountain_Announce
>>
>>16233245
Too bad this game feels awful on wheel, would have been an instant buy.
>>
>>16233185
Full driver is worth it. It becomes it's own hobby.

It can be expensive but it's very fun. There are definitely some more affordable options but you get what you pay for so its worth dropping a couple hundred.
>>
File: image.gif (1000KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1000KB, 600x302px
holy shit... the price of g27 on Amazon is nearly $800. I bought mine nearly two years ago, before the g29 obviously, for $230, $280 after shipping.

I actually was butthurt about the bug shipping cost at the time. Fuck did I get lucky.
>>
>>16233185
DFGT costs pennies, i bet you can find it for less than Dirt Rally costs - and after very simple pedal mod it's really a proper wheel.
>>
>>16233330
>the price of a product no longer in production keeps rising
no shit sherlock. there's bound to be some idiot thinking he can sell one of these for 800 bux.

also last week G29 was 180 euros on amazon so the price is starting to come down. Like, you know, the G27's price came down.
>>
>>16230026
I'll give you Mercedes data if you take me out for dinner
>>
>>16233094
The things that are in dirt rally are very well done. The problem is that car and map selection are sparse as fuck.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 250x187px
>>16233362
But $800 for a new one?!? That's fucking ridiculous.

You're acting like some dickhead who thinks that much of an increase is to be expected. This isn't some moron trying to make money off Craigslist, these are brand new off Amazon.

Your nonchalance is just so unwarranted, I think I'd strike you if you said that to me irl to teach you a lesson.
>>
>>16233419
>But $800 for a new one?!? That's fucking ridiculous.
there is no such thing as a new g27 anymore
>>
>>16233439
Jesus, enough with the arrogance. There are a handful of them being sold still. You are objectively wrong. You lose, now good day.

I will caress your face with my fist should we meet.
>>
>>16233419
It seems you aren't familiar with how Amazon works...
>>
>>16233291
>too bad an arcade feels awful on wheel

Who would have thought?
>>
>>16233462
I know damn well how it works. That's not even the point, they're being sold for that much because that's what people are willing to pay for them right now.
>>
>>16233472
Just because the game is arcadey doesn't mean it has to feel shitty on wheel.
>>
>>16233483
>I know damn well how it works
All i have is your words which said "This isn't some moron trying to make money off Craigslist, these are brand new off Amazon." which indicates you aren't aware that some moron can also try to sell his old stuff on Amazon at whatever price he wants.
>>
>>16233483
Lolno idiot.

>he thinks his hundred thousand times sold logitech is worth shit because the amazon algorithm fucks up on products that are out of production.
>>
>>16233493
Yes it does
>>
>>16233495
You seemed to have missed the part where I said NEW. These are legitimate companies selling these new ones and what I said still applies. I'd bet Amazon is even fulfilling orders on some of them.

Holy shit, you morons sure know how to miss the point around here.
>>
>>16233524
They can call them """new""" since they're still in the original packaging, but they haven't been made in over a year.

>> I'd bet Amazon is even fulfilling orders on some of them.
Doesn't mean much, anyone can ship their item to an Amazon warehouse and Amazon can do all the fulfillment work for a fee.
>>
>>16233500
Except that's now it work and it's not a fuck up. There are a handful of companies selling these for that price, some even for more, and you could check and see the list of sellers for yourself instead of talking directly out of your ass.

And it's not me thinking, it's me just using my eyes to look at the current market for them. Used ones are going for upwards of $349, I'd make money if I sold mine.
>>
>>16233536
Lmao I really don't know why in arguing with you faggots over this, the proof is in the pudding: an in the box (us non autists are perfectly okay with referring to those as new because that's what they are) are worth upwards of $800 because that's what the market has dictated.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161128-203952.jpg (396KB, 1408x2066px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161128-203952.jpg
396KB, 1408x2066px
>>16233543
Lad your wheel isnt worth shit
>>
>>16233561
I'm not sure the market dictated anything, it's just sellers stubbornly trying to wring every dollar they think they can out of a dead product. Do you somehow have access to their sales data to know if anyone has actually sold at that price? As you can also see there are still many options for more realistic prices, and not just on Amazon.
>>
>>16233419
Look up any old device on Amazon and whatnot, they're all fucking expensive. Like, right now on Amazon FR there's a PS2 for 400 euros.

I can only assume someone is expecting that a person with a lot of money will spend it to get one of those instead of going on eBay and buying a used item just for the pleasure of ripping the plastic and deflowering the device.

But I'll forgive you, most people don't actually search for obsolete shit on Amazon as often as I do.
>>
>>16229394
Is anybody else having trouble getting low Spec races in FH3?
I can't seem to get anything below A Spec in any lobby that's asphalt only/street race and I only get b Spec in mixed surface/games mode form. I don't remember the last time I saw c Spec.
I'm so tired of racing S1/S2.
I built shitboxes for a reason damnit
>>
>>16233500
Something being out of production doesn't matter as long as there's stock. It's amazing you're trying to be insulting with that insane leap of logic.
>>
>>16233582
It isn't hard to imagine why. The PI rating system is broken and cars in class D though B are so widely varying in their performances, that most people don't want to join them just to be btfo in their D class Fiat by some broken thing with 1000hp
>>
>>16233582
The reason is simple: casual games, casual players that only want to race their AWD hypercars. You may be able to go into freeroam and start a C-class race but you might not get many opponents.
>>
>>16233584
Out of production means that they cant restock and that fucks the algorithm
>>
>>16233591
FM6 is a casual game and there are always low class races to be found
>>
>>16233593
And how would that make a difference if there is currently stock?

Sorry anon but what your saying doesn't make sense in multiple levels.
>>
>>16233590
I've never really had a problem in any Spec. I mean sure there are maybe 5 tracks that a fast car with a high top speed wins no matter what but most require a bit more turning ability than those cars have.
>>16233591
I think that too but I still need somewhere to complain about it.
I miss btfoing everyone in b spec
>>
>>16233612
The only thing that really bothers me is when I see someone selected a nice uncommon car, but still has it gayed up with a lambo v12 and AWD swap
>>
>>16233572
I've watched the price of this go up ever since the g29 was released. Regardless of what you think, the reality is that they're being sold for that much by multiple sellers and it's indicative of more than stubbornness.

>>16233570
Except used ones are going for more than I paid new.

>>16233574
the price has steadily gone up since the g29 released. your explanation is pretty far fetched but okay lol
>>
>>16233648
Well you can have a new one for 220€. I guess youre sitting on a goldmine and used ones are more expensive
>>
>>16233659
its almost like the US and Europe are two different places with different Amazon marketplaces, respectively

woah, I just blew my own mind.
>>
>>16233680
Import them and become a millionaire
>>
ah, the glorious assetto corsa online experience
>>
>>16233743
may i divert your attention specifically to the first corner, where despite unexpected events every player managed to get through swiftly and skillfully

please notice one of ferrari players and his very unique pitting strategy (although he seemingly decided to abandon it in the middle of the job)
>>
>>16233699
Nah, the market is far too competitive over here. You Estonians, or whatever shitty country you're from, wouldn't understand.
>>
>>16233779
That doesnt make sense.
>>
>>16233345
Is it truly a good wheel? There's a couple used ones going way too cheap, like 35 USD fully working, in my 3rd world country.

>>16233416
Still, feel like I'll get into it, but thanks for the input m8.
>>
>>16233867
>Is the DFGT truly good wheel
I'd say it's good enough. Sure, the pedals may be crap, but they work just fine compared to other wheels. You may want to do something to the brake pedal to make it heavier, but it's not necessary. I've used the unaltered pedals for 3 years now, and I've been fine.
Apart from that, you have Force Feedback, 900 degrees of rotation, a load of buttons to use right on the wheel and a fun to use sequential shifter
And for 35$, it's a bargain. I must've paid 100 - 120€ for mine, and I haven't been disappointed so far
>>
>>16233867
DFGT is poorfag's standard. Think of it as G25 with significantly worse pedals and without shifter.

It's not even remotely as good as G27 or T300, but it's surely not bad at all. DFGT has 900 degree rotation, it's supported on every platform possible in every game possible, it also has a lot of buttons, perfect device to check if you're going to dig deeper into racing or not. Definitely worth $35.
>>
File: Tzuyu Thumbs Up.gif (2MB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
Tzuyu Thumbs Up.gif
2MB, 498x280px
>>16233743
>>16233762
Sometimes I feel like a shit tier racer, but then I see shit like this and get hope
>>
>>16233904
>>16233903
You've put hope in my heart anons, I'll do it.
>>
>>16233942
Just make sure it has power supply in the bundle ( without power supply seller could hide broken FFB or something). I really find it hard to believe that DFGT can be found for $35, even today.
>>
>>16233942
I own a DFGT and I absolutely love it, like I'm not the biggest fan of the shifter on it so I use the "flappy paddles" on the back, but apart from that and what others have said about the pedals not being the best there is, it's a solid wheel mate, you'd definitely have fun with it
>>
>>16234008
Also, shifter makes great handbrake if "paddles" are used. Although those paddles are small and not comfortable.
>>
>>16233743
looks like a normal blancpain series race, good realism
>>
>>16232431
>FAFSA
>phoneposting
>ps4
underage detected
>>
>>16232431
>Ah uh UH HEY GUYS EPICPOSTER65 HERE!!!!! I UH don't come HERE often (call me a "/k/asual" XD)! PLEASE GIVE ME VIDEO GAME ADVICE!!!
>>
>year 2700
>dirt rally's still dead
such is life
>>
>>16234177
And you guys openly wonder why this place is dead.

Maybe if you guys could conceal your autism for two seconds....
>>
>>16234177
This is why people leave and newcomers never stay.
>>
>>16234448
>year 2016
>rally 2000 isn't dead
such is life
>>
>>16234535
>>16234514

>One random shitpost that could be posted in reply to any question on the site
>Blame entire general.

Are we feeling mad today or something?
>>
>>16234623
If only posts like that were a rare occurrence.
>>
/Fit/zen here, rfactor 2 worth buying? Lifetime or just the normal game?
>>
File: chirdonhead (1).webm (2MB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
chirdonhead (1).webm
2MB, 640x512px
>>16234585
rally 2000 is eternal
>>
File: chirdonhead (2).webm (3MB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
chirdonhead (2).webm
3MB, 640x512px
>>
>>16234660

you dont need to buy it but if you really want to, buy the lifetime when its on sale during christmas
>>
Does the G25 shifter work with the G920 wheel?
I was thinking if i should upgrade this christmas, but not if i have to gib even more monies for the separate shifter.
>>
File: 17 s1 skip.png (53KB, 645x554px) Image search: [Google]
17 s1 skip.png
53KB, 645x554px
>>16232434
Here's S1 2017 for skips; also two frees and ten buys on the sked.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AOBZKLrTw6c6uxg&cid=F67A249B08200119&id=F67A249B08200119%21133&parId=F67A249B08200119%21119&o=OneUp
>>
File: nascar game.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nascar game.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>
File: GetPhoto (81).jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (81).jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>16235018
if only rFactor looked that good
>>
My roommate is selling me his ps3 for dirt cheap, which is better, gran turismo 5 or 6?
>>
>>16235124
>>
>>16235124

Initial D Extreme Stage
>>
There's a Thrustmaster G TX up for sale on Newegg for $300 shipped, sans shifter. I mostly play AC, Project Cars, and I've been playing some Forza Apex lately, but my current Driving Force Pro isn't compatible with that.
Should I upgrade?
>>
File: take my money.jpg (413KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
take my money.jpg
413KB, 1600x900px
TAKE IT ALL YEAH

UGHGHGHGHg
>>
>>16235178
i'm in the same boat as you but eyeing up the t300 alcantara for $300 on amazon that includes t3pa's. I have a DFGT that is fine but the pedals are garbage. Anyone recommend the switch? I mostly play iracing and some dirt rally here.
>>
>>16234795
IIRC the skippy schedule ensures any new tracks will be retained on the schedule for the next 3 or 4 seasons. So whatever tracks are new for s1 2017 are a good buy if you are set on skippies
>>
>>16235375
I just decided to go for it. I'll sell off my old DFP on my page once I get the new wheel in. I figure I'll have this one for a while, so why not drop a little change?
>>
>>16235405
cool, I just ordered the alcantara too
>>
>>16235443
Best of luck with yours!
You should add me on Steam or Discord. My Steam is Innadesert, and my Discord is Oscar

I sometimes get addicted to downhill drifting in Assetto Corsa. It's a fucking ton of fun.
>>
the sound these things make when they pass by lads

MUH DICC
>>
>>16235124
I've been installing the updates for GT6 for hours its crazy
It doesn't even work properly you have to do them one at a time
>>
>>16235460
cool might add you later senpai
>>
File: cvbncb.jpg (115KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cvbncb.jpg
115KB, 1600x900px
I CAN BE KRAZY KAZ
>>
>>16235637
>senpai
God damn it don't tell me you follow my silly bullshit.
>>
>>16235677
Wordfilter for f@m
TB|-| becomes desu
desu senpai
>>
>>16235677
this>>16235700
since you don't know that I guess I won't follow you
>>
Is rFactor still worth buying?
>>
>>16234019
Yeah I actually do use the shifter as a handbrake, it's pretty nifty
>>
>>16235090
>AMG
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
can anyone help me understand the difference between AI Strength and AI Limiter in rf2?
>>
>>16236465
For very cheap and only if you like to buy your games. Otherwise just pirate it and save your money for rF2.
>>
>>16235090
>>16229555
Where do I pull my pictures from? I just got the game.
>>
>>16237301
forzamotorsport.net, community -> gallery
>>
>>16237301
Alternatively:
- PC: use Game DVR or print screen
- X1: take a screenshot and upload it to onedrive, then download it from your onedrive
>>
>>16237303
>>16237306
Cool thanks
>>
>>16235188
You are aware they are making a new one right? You are just wasting your money.
>>
Got a g27 today and set it up and played a bit of rfactor with gunsai touge

the steering feels like the force feedback is way too much. the steering is way to heavy in it and I don't think any changes in the force feedback settings were doing much.
the steering for the first 180 degrees or so is normal, then after that it's like trying to turn a car from a standstill or with no powersteering
also the game feels really weird. like compared to a real car the brakes also feel like they suck but that could be because of not downshfiting/engine breaking in game properly since i'm not really used to the changing and all that.
the brake pedal on the g27 is also really heavy to push down on and seems like it should be a bit softer and 'squishier'

is there any setting I can do to make the steering feel better (mostly just that it goes really heavy after just under half a revolution, and it's way too light at the first few degrees, then feels pretty normal till it goes to that really heavy part)?
and does the steering change according to different cars? I downloaded a civic mod for it. do I have to download a mod for each car, or are the cars already in the game set but the 'mods' for the cars are different setups or something?

but besides the steering problem it seems alright. probably need a bigger screen too
going to download assetta corsa and try that out. had trouble setting up the wheel to recognize the clutch and shifter but fixed it after some googling and redownloading a driver
>>
>>16237488
reverse force feedback in rFactor. Install the logitech gaming software for it and adjust settings there.
>>
>>16237488
it's probably terrible rF FFB setting fault.

And brake pedal is fine, if anything it's too linear and soft on the end of the line. People often use some kind of hard sponges to make it harder to fully floor.
>>
What pickup race is SJ running this weekend?
>>
>>16237518
VTCC
>>
>>16237518
VTCC enduro, 16 min event.
>>
>>16237518
VTCC 2012, track(s) TBD
Mod: https://mega.nz/#!QYsTlALL!LiyETxte1Jo2tmzAXusZG-l9sEi4MgZBBNrrmNo4YYk

Tentative tracks tested or in testing:
San Francisco GP from GRID: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2x1mzdy61152qt2/SanFranGP.7z
Knutstorp: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a6r123tzcdgqz87/knutstorp.rar
Danish 3 track pack: https://mega.nz/#!nVtlwTgJ!if4lDa182o4grGdb3FUUvU_SnMtAo1sdEuGeo7IAAmY
chef spork's selection: https://mega.nz/#F!yJVSVDCJ!Z3BtyJVk4uHCZpX4TXsMcQ

Suggestions welcome
>>
>>16237504
well the brake pedal feels way too hard for me compared to most cars I drive.

maybe it's just that the travel length of the brake is so short or something that it feels off..
i think like you're saying with it being straight and not hard to push at the end too makes it feel off

anyways I think the steering problem was that it was only on 180 degrees of movement. what setting should I have it on, full 900?
>>
>>16237847
>what setting should I have it on, full 900?

Depends on car really. Just go with what you like. Usually 540 or 900
>>
>>16237847
Race cars typically have stiffer brake pedals than road cars to give more control over the braking. A popular G27 mod is some sort of wooden block that makes the pedal stiffer at the end of the travel to make it a bit more realistic.

Steering range depends on the car. Trying to be somewhat realistic I use these values:
road cars 900 is fine
rally cars 360-540
touring cars 270-360
single seaters 180-270
It's personal preference though, I know people who prefer a single consistent range instead of somewhat adapting the range to the cars driven. And more modern games, like dirt rally or ac automatically set the range for each car so you don't have to think
>>
>>16237862
could the brake pedal being on the floor and my positioning to it be making it more difficult as well?

I've noticed on simulator stand setup things they've had the pedals at an angle rather. would having this help it make the brake pedal feel better?
>>
>>16238005
Don't know, I have made an inverted pedal stand and I didn't notice a huge difference. But maybe I was already used to the pedal. You could just try, chuck something under the pedals to get an angle.

The biggest improvement you can get is by installing a load cell mod as those allow a much more realistic brake response.
>>
Gonna buy FH3 soon. Are the 90€ or 100€ versions worth it?
>>
>>16238176
Kinda as you get a bit more content, but not the expansions.
You should have bought it last weekend when it was on sale
>>
>>16238176
I've got ultimate edition and kinda regret it. I have autism so I have no friends to play with and single player was good for 100h maybe, hoped it will keep me playing longer.
>>
File: ZmZUtp5.png (43KB, 573x507px) Image search: [Google]
ZmZUtp5.png
43KB, 573x507px
>>16237488
From the G27 control panel you have to remove all the "fake" effects, the ones that are not calculated by the game, they're controlled by sliders: if I recall correctly, only overall effects have to be from 60 to 80% to have a linear output, all the others at 0%, all unchecked except "Allow Game To Adjust Settings". Do not max out force % both in game and control panel or you'll lose ffb information, g27 is very weak with forces, don't push it too much.
In rf1 you have to manually edit the .plr file to make the game understand how many degrees of rotation your wheel has. Wrong degrees settings, strange ffb behaviour. AC has an in game settings, rf2 sets it automagically (at least, it does with the t500). In rf1 the feedback depends a lot on how the car mod's been developed because there is a force feedback plugin - realfeel plugin- that alter it. If you don't know about it, stick to original ISI content to test the force feedback.
>>
File: output.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
i have never thought that divebombing is valid IRL strategy

my god, and to think i always believed it's a bad thing
>>
File: 20161130014053_1.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161130014053_1.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
in the CCXR
fight me faggets
>>
>>16238539
Did he die?
>>
>>16238539
What an absolute fucking retard
>>
File: output.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>16238553
nope

also, it's a woman
>>
>>16238608
>also, it's a woman
I would have slapped her for driving like a woman.
>>
>>16238608
that looks like the start of a beautiful relationship
>>
File: rubens.jpg (157KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rubens.jpg
157KB, 765x1024px
a question for all the THRUST MASTERS out there

on a T500 is it possible to change/override the wheel rotation setting from the wheel itself without going into some software control panel? like on a G27 you can hold down the two middle red buttons on the shifter then use another button to select a preset rotation setting (like 270, 450 etc)

also what's with the fixed paddle shifters of the T500
>>
>>16237659
>Suggestions welcome

Are there good versions of Oulton Park or Castle Combe? That would be pretty fun to do with these cars
>>
>>16238499
well I ended up downloading the realfeel addon and looking up what others use for settings on g27
It feels alright now. I had the rotation on 180 which is why it was insanely hard to turn past then

only thing that bugs me now is the brake pedal being way too stiff for me.
gonna try different pedal positions and I might just order one of the mod springs online then modify the stock one to be a bit softer if possible, if I fuck that stock spring I'll put back in the other aftermarket one
>>
>>16238839
>brake pedal being way too stiff
do you have twigs for legs or something man? if anything itll get easier to press the more you use it
>>
File: 1451474348492.jpg (29KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
1451474348492.jpg
29KB, 528x404px
Reminder that PS4 has no racing games.
>>
>>16238890
Reminder PS4 has less games than the PS3
>>
File: 89cwRJX.png (357KB, 506x609px) Image search: [Google]
89cwRJX.png
357KB, 506x609px
>>16238890
but it's going to get singleplayerless gran turismo, it will turn out well, no other option

>>16238913
>current-gen console has less games than previous-gen one
stop the presses
>>
File: 1402022457057.jpg (26KB, 376x356px) Image search: [Google]
1402022457057.jpg
26KB, 376x356px
>>16238921
>joke went over his head
>>
>>16238737
I know there's a combo to center it but never heard about one for degrees.
Fixed paddles are fine, however they can be modded to rotate or you can buy the add-on f1 wheel that has a couple more paddles embedded.
>>
>>16237488
The brake pedal doesn't require anything stiffer in my opinion, you learn to use it from practice.

You need to keep the Logitech Profiler open so it uses the degrees of rotation you have set.

In the profiler, you can set the overall FFB to 100% and everything else to 0. You'll probably want to use a range of 220-540 depending on the mod in rF1. Also you'll have to probably reverse the settings for FFB strength. Turn off all the canned effects and set strength in-game to something like -40%. After that, you can download realfeel if that's not cutting it for you. Look up what FFB clipping is so you can get an idea of how strong is too strong.
>>
>>16238839
I remember the brake being not much harder than the other two. Is it working correctly?
>>
>>16238949
>Fixed paddles are fine
maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it but sometimes I'd go for a gear then realise there was actually no paddle there
>>
>>16238949
>Fixed paddles are fine
nah
>>
>>16239001
>>16238990
I never got any problems with them, it does not take long to get used to it and they help to not downshift like dogs. I agree that they're not helpful with cars with a lot of degrees, a shifter is mandatory in that case.
>>
>>16239064
Yeah, fixed paddles are good when you're driving fast cars with relatively low steering angles. For slow cars with loads of angle a shifter is a better choice and you're not going to waste too much time by not using paddles.

Shame the Thrustmaster shifter is expensive as balls
>>
>>16238539
Should have named the webm Carlos Fernandes
>>
CLASSIC RANWEC THIS SATURDAY AT BATHURST

GROUP C
CELICA GTOs

LET'S GO
>>
>>16239137
>prototypes on bathurst
>>
>>16239137
>Multi class on bathurst
>>
File: 1466082815925.jpg (29KB, 480x590px) Image search: [Google]
1466082815925.jpg
29KB, 480x590px
>>16239137
>3rd time I miss out a RANWEC Revival event
>mfw
>>
>>16239137
not possible spork reserved this saturday for his brand new series
>>
File: 1470534093847.png (514KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1470534093847.png
514KB, 532x582px
>>16239137
>>
>>16239165
First time for everything with ovg
>>
I just bought Forza Horizon 3 for 33 euros, what am I in for?
>>
>>16239849
intersections of fun and asperger's
>>
File: ty based raceroom.jpg (185KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ty based raceroom.jpg
185KB, 1600x900px
oh this game supports my input device thank you based sector3 this game really was made for me
>>
File: mitsubishi-galant-amg-1024x682.jpg (142KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-galant-amg-1024x682.jpg
142KB, 1024x682px
>>16236893
>>
File: GetPhoto (80).jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (80).jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
>>16238271
:(
id play with you but we can never communicate
>>
File: simulation value.webm (3MB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
simulation value.webm
3MB, 640x400px
>>16239064
>I agree that they're not helpful with cars with a lot of degrees
>>16239079
>fixed paddles are good when you're driving fast cars with relatively low steering angles

both fair points, which is why the two parts of my original post about a button combo to change the steering lock were related, ideally to make the steering faster and more usable with fixed paddles
>>
>>16239900
you can type messages with the xbox app
>>
File: GetPhoto (74).jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (74).jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>16240157
no i mean that it would feel weird and i teng to stop playing with people once they message me

honking and playful ramming is fine
>>
>>16239079
>Yeah, fixed paddles are good when you're driving fast cars with relatively low steering angles.
That's completely wrong though. The only race cars that use fixed paddles are rally cars because you don't have to stop and think about where the fuck the up paddle is when you're hand over hand. If steering angles are low enough to keep your hands on the wheel at all times fixed paddles are dogshit.
>>
File: thrust master.jpg (258KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
thrust master.jpg
258KB, 1200x900px
>>16238737
did some research and found the answer to my own question (it says PS3 but apparently it's the same when plugged into a PC):
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/t500rs/t500rs_ps3_rotation_angle.pdf

and for the T300/T150
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

with this knowledge i will become a THRUST MASTER.

>>16240372
i think some ferrari road cars have fixed paddles too. it probably makes boring things like 3 point turns easier.
>>
File: GetPhoto (3).jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (3).jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
Almost Itasha.
>>
Newfag here

Who's Mikey?
>>
>>16240454
It's still itasha
>>
>>16240454
The あ and や look turrible
>>
File: あややや.png (25KB, 435x118px) Image search: [Google]
あややや.png
25KB, 435x118px
>>16242286
Tried my best replicating this text
>>
>>16241202

A qt
>>
>>16240454
itasha? more like itashit
>>
>>16242711
Any suggestions? i'm open to anything
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 550x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 550x363px
>no Marcos mod for rfactor or for assetto corsa
why even live
>>
File: small-face2.jpg (5KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
small-face2.jpg
5KB, 201x251px
>>16242797
>>
Anyone play street legal racing redline? Found a place with it for $1.50 and was wondering if it was worth it.
>>
File: EM580129-90.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
EM580129-90.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>16242797
this car is annoying as heck to model but i might pick it up again
>>
>dad wants a wheel for christmas
>sister is getting it for him
>can't explain to her well enough that 70 quid for a wheel is going to be a cheap pile of plastic shit that breaks on touch

What do?
>>
>>16242841
Right listen here you cheeky little cunt i don't have a small fucking face, i'll crush your dweeby beansprout neck effortlessly with a single hand
>>
>>16243154
wut wheel

Dfgt should be under 70 quid and while a bit plasticky is a solid choice
>>
>>16243176

Talked her around to the Thrustmaster T150, crisis kind of averted.
>>
>>16242853
it's worth it even just to see it. Driving model is terrible, but ability to tinker with your car is absolutely unmatched.

It's basically My Summer Car, except no bolts and more important options/settings.
>>
How well does FH3 run now lads on something like a modern quad core CPU / 4GB GPU
>>
>>16243217
>modern quad core
>measuring gpu in gigabytes
oh you cute little normie

specify models. quadcore amd apu is shit, quadcore i5-6xxx is overkill. 4GB gtx920 is utter shit, 4GB gtx1080 is amazing. Information you gave are meaningless.
>>
>>16243229
>inb4 4GB shared vram
>>
>>16243217
Install the demo and see for yourself lad
>>
File: 1401901871192.jpg (163KB, 623x289px) Image search: [Google]
1401901871192.jpg
163KB, 623x289px
https://youtu.be/a_S67W1z0uo?t=9608

I miss you guys ;_;7
>>
File: rFactor 2014-10-26 03-25-35-90.webm (3MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
rFactor 2014-10-26 03-25-35-90.webm
3MB, 1360x768px
>>16243461
same
>>
>>16243461
It's what happens when a bunch of elitist faggots chase everyone away. :)
>>
File: TEAM DORITO 7.webm (671KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
TEAM DORITO 7.webm
671KB, 1360x768px
>>16243489
Jokes aside, it's just life. People don't have the same time they used to have, some aren't interested in racing games anymore, others found other communities they liked more.
>>
>>16243461
join SJ's fun party, there's a discord voice channel too for seductive moaning sounds
>>
>>
>>16243501
No, I'm pretty sure >>16243489 is right.
>>
>>16242797
Race 07 has one
>>
>>16243489
Mumble and /ovg/ were 10000% times worse during those days in terms of content and quality, feel free to keep lying to yourself saying numbers matter though.
>>
>>16243556
Yeah, perhaps many people got tired of the infighting and fucked off. Maybe some of them are still lurking, but not interested in joining to avoid falling into the same imageboard political bullshit.

I took a break from /ovg/ not long after /ovgt3/ started because of the constant fighting and arguing between admins, guys that crashed into eachother, restarts vs no restarts, etc. All the way up to The Meltdown.
Like, in some way, /ovg/ became like one of those simracing forums we enjoy making fun of, just by hosting races.
>>
Just got the DFGT last night and tried a couple of races on Gran Turismo 6. I liked it way better than my G27 right off the bat.
>>
>>16243611
Aren't the pedals ruining the fun?
>>
>>16243616
Not really
>>
>>16240141
I suggest to try with always wider wheels lock, both via wheel lock settings in games and wheel degrees of rotation. It won't help your laptimes the first times but gradually it will help you to go easy on the rubber and to drive as clean as possible in the fast lane. 180 degrees of lock are absurd, f1 got 400.
>>
>>16243611
Why do you have two budget wheels
>>
File: 1464543460967.jpg (43KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464543460967.jpg
43KB, 500x450px
>>16239137
so its true. aussies do run the show here
>>
>>16243918

Fuk yea
>>
>>16243918
maybe that's why ovg is dead
>>
>>16243461
But I'm still here
>>
>>16243180
now go sniff her panties
>>
File: Saturday Mystery Tracks.png (372KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Saturday Mystery Tracks.png
372KB, 768x576px
>>16243461
Just because 2014 ended doesn't mean the racing has to.
>>
File: Capture.png (487KB, 1061x860px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
487KB, 1061x860px
>two free cheats
>>
>>16244856
I tried to torrent this yesterday, but I guess I must have fucked it up somehow because my PC wouldn't turn on properly so I had to go back to a restore point from a week ago.
>>
>>16244881
It's because of DRM used (Starforce was it's name IIRC)
The earlier versions of it, used in Toca/DTM/V8SC Race Driver 2 & 3 seriously wreck newer versions of Windows. So it's not the torrents fault, it happens with legit copies aswell
A real shame
>>
>>16244525
Epic 4 player race with terrible cars and tracks, hosted by SJ !!!
>>
>>16244898
Stay btfo
>>
File: 400pxLifeinvderprogrammer.jpg (59KB, 400x574px) Image search: [Google]
400pxLifeinvderprogrammer.jpg
59KB, 400x574px
>>16244902
>No argument

As expected
>>
I'm playing rfactor and installed initial D mod, now when I try to drive it won't go over 58 km/h on tracks (doing in testing).

this happened before but I dunno what it was. anyone know?
>>
>>16244900
It's not like we did much better with Ranwec
>>
>>16244925
You've probably left the pit speed limiter on.
>>
File: RD3.png (807KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RD3.png
807KB, 1920x1080px
>>16244881
>>16244899
that doesn't sound good

i got the one off TPB, installs fine and runs but needs the iso mounted. there's a file called sfclean.exe in the iso that brings up a dialog saying starforce protection cleanup, no protection drivers found to remove. so hopefully i haven't completely fucked my pc.

i'm mainly after a version of bedford autodrome and i don't know of any other games that have it (there's a version for rfactor - might be from toca?) surprised it's not in pcars as it has all the other MSV circuits.

lol at this splash screen btw
>>
File: 1463086460343.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1463086460343.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>16244925
>>16244939
>>
>>16244899
Yes, Starforce, also used in GTR. It shouldn't interfere if you update (W7) or nuke (W8+) it before running the game for the first time, as IIRC this is when the driver is loaded.

But you might also be able to find a torrent of the Steam version of RD3 that comes without Starforce. I also recommend finding a GOG torrent of CMR 2005 to not deal with Starforce for this game.
>>
>>16243591
Because it was and for that matter is, the complaint was made pretty much immediately "why the fuck are you doing this stuff when people came here to get away from that shit?"

And then they kept doing it. And then there were no people.

I blame moot for his terrible fucking staffing that gives the worst kind of 4chan users power, really. They're far more likely to protect a circlejerk than do something about it.
>>
>>16245101
This. Just ban these threads and go on /v/ with the rest of the kiddies.
>>
>>16245156
>>16245101
I came to /ovg/ bored and lonely to participate in races and discuss some cars from time to time

In the beginning I got races, talking and watching the odd race together in mumble but the drama and circlejerk alienated so may of us to just stop coming and look elsewhere

What the hell happened to slapping some gt cars in a 10 year old game and just driving our hearts out
>>
>>16245288

autism happened
>>
>>16244856
GTR2's got the same drm iirc.
I try to install the games I'm not sure in a vm and copy the folder afterwards to avoid problems.
>>
>>16245288
>In the beginning I got races, talking and watching the odd race together in mumble but the drama and circlejerk alienated so may of us to just stop coming and look elsewhere

I joined ovg after the big drama but I have to say that races, talking and watching the odd race together still happens in mumble.
One problem seems to be, from what I've heard, that no one turns up to the races because "there are too few people racing" which ofcourse leads to the grids becoming smaller and smaller. That's what happened in the Daytona RANWEC race atleast
>>
Friendly reminder the only legitimate excuse to not race with /ovg/ is if you'd be making money otherwise.
>>
>>16245387
>>16245376
That's why I wasn't at the last RANWEC race, 2busy working to have any practice and didn't wanna turn up without any and fuck it up for someone else
>>
>>16245400
>not enough practice
That's a reason I kinda understand, especially for RANWEC which are long races. But for the usual shorter races, I don't. The practice session would be enough time to get a stable setup together imo.

But the "there are too few people racing" argument is one I don't understand
>>
File: 1479770502733.jpg (16KB, 552x504px) Image search: [Google]
1479770502733.jpg
16KB, 552x504px
>>16242896
tfw know the guy who owns that car
>>
File: 1437783741972.jpg (2MB, 1479x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1437783741972.jpg
2MB, 1479x1520px
>>16245288
>What the hell happened to slapping some gt cars in a 10 year old game and just driving our hearts out

People grew tired of doing the same things, then wanted something else, others were tryharding(nothing wrong with it), and some were just having fun, and when one side sperged for some reason, the other took advantage of it and everything gets buried in shitposting.

Then we cant decide in what game to use because everyone nitpicks everything. One anon wants "game 1", someone else wants "game 2" and so on, then someone says something silly like an arcade game that doesnt even have MP and then everyone starts making joke suggestions and everything gets buried in shitposting.

Organisers not pandering to everyone, people posting mumble memes and so on... All cause the same thing.

Shitposting.

/autism
>>
>>16245505
>People grew tired of doing the same things, then wanted something else
What you were looking for is "some mumble retards listened to a handful of other mumble retards dumbass whining", because I and everyone else with a functioning brain can assure you that the general audience never gets tired of GT3s or popular tracks and competitive people never get tired of good racing.

But this brings us back to the general issue of putting the opinions of 4 idiots in chat at a given time ahead of everything else.
>>
>tfw too elite for mumble
>>
>>16245695

congrats on proving his point
>>
>>16245735
Retard.
>>
>>16245505
>Then we cant decide in what game to use because everyone nitpicks everything.
>Organisers not pandering to everyone

i guess that's logical consequence, isn't it? when no one knows what to do, person who's actually willing to organize something needs to stop listening to anyone and do his shit like he wants to.

man, democracy is flawed
>>
>>16245784
Or you could use knowledge and previous experience but wait none of them have any knowledge or previous experience or willingness to listen to it.
>>
>>16245820

and who has? you? the guy above you? maybe they should listen to both? or just you?
>>
>>16245784
>man, democracy is flawed

it's not if you voted for spork
>>
>>16245844
Why are you using shitty public debate tactics in a meaningless anonymous thread
>>
>>16245897

point still stands
>>
>>16245922
But you had no point
>>
>>16246042

how can you tell who has or doesnt have experience/knowledge in an anonymous image board
>>
>>16246081
i am anon e moose..... hehheheheh.....
>>
File: thank you internet.jpg (45KB, 439x300px) Image search: [Google]
thank you internet.jpg
45KB, 439x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1YVBXPs24
>>
did that NOLA track ever get released?
>>
>>16246081
How do you tell anything
>>
>>16246363

its under development m88
>>
>He drives auto
>>
File: GetPhoto (83).jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GetPhoto (83).jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>16246456
>having aids at all
>>
File: RRRE 2016-12-01 01-08-28-25.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RRRE 2016-12-01 01-08-28-25.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is it just me or is Raceroom doing some sort of tyre deformation shit
>>
>>16246737
All sims these days account for tire deformation, it's just that in some it will just look like the tire going into the ground. I can't tell which it is there for sure.
>>
>>16246960
>All sims these days account for tire deformation
lol
>>
>>16246737
Even Forza Horizon 3 does some tire deformation.
FH3 sim value > any game that doesn't model tire deformation
>>
Races still happen, people complain about their hurt feelings in the thread, and shitposters say everything is shit while never being held accountable or offering constructive words.

Not much has changed except some users' vast delusions of the reality that around them.

>>16245387 and no practice are the only excuses.
>>
>>16248181
nobody wants to race in your shit circlejerk series
>>
File: 1476938455451.jpg (773KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
1476938455451.jpg
773KB, 1024x670px
>Get a sudden urge to finish GT6 since i set the PS3 up in the lounge
>Dear god the aliasing
>Oh god the fps in big races drops to 30-50fps
Still the array of cars are fine and i just got up to International

Things they need to fix in GT7: Sport

>Engine sounds
Vacuum cleaner sounds got old 20 years ago please god fix it
>Handling model, its either bullshit glued to the track or driving on ice its not a very detailed sim
>Wheel Support/aftermarket controller support
>Get rid of Standard/Simple Interior SD Cars or remaster them
Seriously this is the biggest issue with the game 3/4 of the cars handle and look absolutely horrid
>Drop 4K Support if it cant hit 60fps reliably
Nobody cares about graphics especially in a goddamn GT/Sim game
GT6 should have had this option as well but Dynamic Resolution Scaling wasnt really used pre 2012 so
>Get rid of social intergration CRAP and fix the goddamn MULTIPLAYER
Seriously its goddamn horrid theres no incentive to play it and it doesnt reward you a decent amount of Credit Points to be worth shit
>Fix the UI
Scrap it and start from scratch base it off the Current PS4 OS UI

The second a GT7: Sports game comes out on the PS4 Pro i am buying it but until then i literally have no reason to own one since all the other racing games are on PC or Xbox and everything else left on the PS4 sucks a cock its either cuck club or nothing goddamn worst Playstation ever for racing games aside from the Vita
>>
>>16248181
You might have a huge transsexual cock and balls in your pants, but that statement is very true.
>>
>>16248326
>that entire list
not happening

>The second a GT7: Sports game comes out on the PS4 Pro i am buying it
you are really dumb
>>
File: CyHt03qW8AAWIJJ.jpg (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyHt03qW8AAWIJJ.jpg
578KB, 1920x1080px
>>16248504
everything except the trans part
>>
>>16245387
is driving real race cars a legitimate excuse
>>
>>16245101
>>16245288
>>16245376
>>16245505
>>16245695
Another episode of the same collective posts circlejerking about problems that quite literally don't exists anymore outside of what they post in thread.
>>
>>16248512
>unless you're making money
Driving real race cars is a job.
>>
>>16248508
>you are really dumb
No Polyphony are really dumb

i doubt GT7/Sport will be about before 2018 anyway
>>
>>16248547
it's not unless you're a professional racer, which I'm not

i'm sure most people who drive race cars pay for the privilege and aren't paid to do it
>>
>>16248326
I was in same situation recently
>after many hours in AC, LFS, rF, AMS, i decided to play GT6 again
>was going too fast, lost traction
>sliding sideawys
>suddenly, car just magically gets full traction again
entire "logic of losing traction" feels like one variable which defines oversteer/understeer, variable which defines when do you lose traction, and time in millisecond when you get it back

after fpping to new tyre models in proper* sims like AC, GT6 feels like pure crap
>>
File: really makes you think.png (12KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.png
12KB, 640x640px
>>16248534
this tbqhwy stop crying and fucking turn up and race, majority of people don't turn up cause they're lazy and can't be bothered or they're upset they aren't fast enough, it's /ovg/ it's just for fun nigga why you gotta be so mad
>>
If you want manufactured drama fuck off to leddit, you can make a shitstorm over whatever you want there.
>>
File: 1459062646599.png (324KB, 1180x445px) Image search: [Google]
1459062646599.png
324KB, 1180x445px
anyone got a pastebin or some such for the AC dlc? i dont want to give out money for stefano
>>
File: Negative_Space.jpg (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Negative_Space.jpg
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>16229555
Any clubs I should join?
Shite picture related
>>
>>16249336
/ovg/ has a group
>>
File: 1476822755279.png (3MB, 2622x1860px) Image search: [Google]
1476822755279.png
3MB, 2622x1860px
>>16249187
Most of them grew tired of ovg's attitude.

There are only a handfull of the old members left now.
>>
>>16249371
maybe if we moved to /vg/ we could get new users.
>>
>>16249190
4chan creates more thread drama than reddit because of no names
>>
>>16249386
we tried that and the thread just died
>>
File: For lord tubby.jpg (216KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
For lord tubby.jpg
216KB, 666x666px
>>16249371
nice b8 cunt plenty of those people are still around
>>
>>16249461
No one posted in it on purpose because moving to /vg/ is a bad meme.
>>
>>16249610
>general about video games
>moving into a board for video game generals

oh god the horror
>>
>>16249386
100 IPs posting in this thread, the problem isn't users, its shitty people ruining series
>>
>>16249631
Are you calling Ranek shit?
>>
>>16249641
the word I used was "shitty"
>>
>>16249631
how about you actively try to promote the series (for turn up or change) instead of making useless posts?
>>
>>16249704
>""""""actively"""""
>from someonw who can't be bothered to show up to his own series
>>
>>16249371

damn I'm cute
>>
>>16249762
>>16249762
>>16249762
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.