[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/! I need some knowledgeabout car locks. Im a fricking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: figure4.jpg (28KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
figure4.jpg
28KB, 500x224px
Sup /o/!

I need some knowledgeabout car locks. Im a fricking ignorant when it comes to cars so I thought you guys could lend me a hand here.

When it comes to a standard car lock (not the ones on the door, but those near the wheel) apart from the possible RF signal needed to actual start it, is it composed of several cylinder filaments just like a regular lock (pic related)? Or is it a different mechanical mechanism altogether?

Is there a more common general type of lock or do they change dramatically?
>>
File: smashed_window.jpg (387KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smashed_window.jpg
387KB, 1600x1200px
>>16225179
They're just like in your pic ime. Really there's no point in using a good lock design on a car, what with all that glass and all.
>>
File: wafer1.jpg (23KB, 619x161px) Image search: [Google]
wafer1.jpg
23KB, 619x161px
>>16225179
The last car to use a pin lock listed above were fords in the 90s. And even then that was the only the trunk lock.

Every lock since about 82ish has been wafer unless you're name is jaguar, or ford.

Keep in mind there are different type of wafer locks too.
>>
>>16225179
>I need some knowledgeabout car locks. Im a fricking ignorant when it comes to cars so I thought you guys could lend me a hand here.

Cars have gone beyond the wafer locks of course. Many cars now use a rectangular bar into which a pattern cut on each side. This makes picking a lock harder. The big deal is that the key fob has a digital ID code that the RF transmitter sends to the car. Without that code, the computer will not start the car or give fuel to it even if you manage to hot wire the starter to crank.

In addition, some cars (like mine) knows if the key fob is there or not. So if the door lock is picked, I set a 30 second delay before the alarm starts to sound if the car hasn't been successfully started. The same with the ignition lock. If the ignition lock is picked and there is no key fob nearby, the computer beings the 30 second countdown.

Car thieves nowadays pretty much either steal the keys from the owner or use a flatbed trailer (pulled by a truck) to carry off the car.
>>
>>16225179
There is no rf signal, there is a switch connected to the lock on the back that has the 4 positions and stoppers on it. That is hardwired to the bcm or ecu.
>>
File: 1470159421-krwall.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470159421-krwall.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>16225276
this

Seriously hide your cars, that's the only thing I could recommend

Oh and if you leave it in town you shouldn't lock it up cause you'll have to pay for a new window and anything they could steal anyways

Got my windows broken a few times, now if I have to park downtown I use secured underground parking lots.
Don't care if I have to pay, still better than to have my car broken by some jelly assholes
>>
>>16227426
in what shithole do you guys live?
>>
>>16227436
France, the worst country on earth to own a car
>>
>>16227408
many cars need a transponder chip in the vicinity of the lock when the key is turned otherwise it won't fire up.
>>
>>16227470
Hey!
Don't blame the car thieves, that's racist.
>>
File: AjiFUqv.gif (128KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
AjiFUqv.gif
128KB, 473x235px
>tfw I have smuggling compartments built into my car from the factory and dickbag thieves are generally too young to remember this about my model so they won't find anything valuable
>Leave it unlocked all the time
>Have a fuel pump cutoff switch I installed myself under the carpet that's undetectable so it won't start without putting your foot in a certain spot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.