[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people care so much about vehicle damage history? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0713.jpg (40KB, 543x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
40KB, 543x393px
Why do people care so much about vehicle damage history?

I bought my M3 used for $32'000 in January and it had $14'000 of cosmetic damage over its life time in the previous owner. whatever. Now in the span of 11 months, thanks to other drivers (2 separate collisions) my car has had an additional $30'000 in damage on it.

I'm in the awkward position trying to sell the bugger, that my car has over 150% value in damage claims, more than it's worth and it's not written off- yet it's still aesthetically great and people compliment it all them time.

So /O/, what would be your reason to shitball me an offer if you were interested in an M3?
>>
>>16216129
>Aesthetically great

I wouldn't even give you an offer because you're a dumb fuck
>>
>>16216129
I laugh at the motherfucker who buys an M3 with three accidents in a year. You'd have to be a straight fuckin dummy to do that.
>>
>>16216129

It is like the anon who calculated some guys girl had taken 10.42 miles of cocks.

You car has been through probably a dozen mechanics, pulled apart, put back and re fuckulated multiple times.Enjoy your bavarian boat anchor.

You car will sit on the market, keep depreciating until it is worth $4000 in some classified when some scumbag will buy it and drive it while acting like it is worth triple that.

Or you know, maybe somebody will buy it for a drift missile.
>>
>>16216141
Just because you're unhappy doesn't mean you should spread unhappiness to others.
>>
>>16216129
>Why do people care so much about vehicle damage history?
Mostly a normie thing. People see a $1200 claim for a rear bumper replacement via minor rear-ending accident and they go "Ssssssss.... ooooooh... I think we're gonna walk." Like they think because a body panel was replaced, there will be cataclysmic structural damage just waiting to happen like a ticking time bomb. Only people who are put off by minor claims are ignorant.

But to be honest, $44K in repairs due to accidents, only a sucker would buy that car.
>>
>>16216129
Paying $32000 for an m3 that has literally been fucking destroyed in 3 different accidents i bet that shit don't even drive straight but hey a fool and his money part ways
>>
>>16216129
>30k damage
>Aesthetically great
Take off the rose coloured glasses buddy.
>>
>>16216129
If the car is still great, why are you selling it? You bought it less than a year ago.
>>
Because even cosmetic damages could cause structural damage and weaken the chassis. It can also cause electrical issues which could cause Gremlins to come out at completely random moments and are a PITA to diagnose. So why would you buy a 30k M3 which has been in 3 crashes in a year again?
>>
>>16216129
I only care because it can be symptomatic of how the current owner treats the car. If you have had 9001 repairs one to the vehicle you're either a shit driver because you keep bumping into things, or you're a shit driver because you lack the situational awareness to know when shit is about to bump into you.

These are not the sorts of people I want to buy a vehicle from. Fuck knows what kind of neglect they have inflicted on the vehicle otherwise.
>>
>>16216129
Because body repairs are usually far from pristine rebuilds, and often require making short cuts.
>>
>>16216129
>Car that has had serious work done on it
vs
>Car that has only had routine maintenance done on it

It's kinda like putting the tooth paste back in the tube you can cut the end off, stuff it all back in, and recrimp it, but it won't come out in a row of 3 minty fresh colors anymore.
>>
>>16216567
Kek, good anology.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.