[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i recently waxed my car for the first time and i used turtle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: turtlewax2.jpg (88KB, 504x386px) Image search: [Google]
turtlewax2.jpg
88KB, 504x386px
so i recently waxed my car for the first time and i used turtle wax and it took me like fucking 4 hrs

Anyway i went online after and everywhere i see everyone is talking shit about turtle wax

Is it really that bad? whats the best wax to use?
also how often should i wax my car considering its so hard to do it?
>>
>>16215427
What car are you using it on and what's the condition of paint
>>
>>16215452
its a 2002 silver/gray audi

Paint is in great condition, previous owner had it garaged but i dont have a garage so the sun is always hitting it which is why i started waxing it
>>
>>16215460
Get meguires polish, and finish with jetseal. That is all
>>
>>16215478
will that protect against the sun aswell? my previous cars paint was completely raped by the sun, first the clear coat started peeling then the faint faded to an ugly off color so i dont want that to happen to this car as well
>>
>>16215507
The jetseal is paint protectant, if maintained with regular washes just apply jetseal every six months
>>
>>16215427
>4 hrs
What the fuck mang.

It takes me an hour and half tops to do a compact sedan by hand.

Anyway, invest in at least cheap polisher.
>>
>>16215532
Not OP, but I get great results by hand/pad without worrying about burning paint with machine
>>
OP, listen. You waxed your car. You're ahead of 95% of the fuckers on the road. It doesn't matter that you used a relatively low-end wax. You waxed your car.

It's way better to have A wax on your car, then no wax while hunting for "the best."

Anyways, here's the combo I use that makes my co-workers hate my guts:

>Step 1: Wash w/ 2-bucket method (I use a foam cannon)
>Step 2: Dry w/ sheeting method
>Step 3: Finish drying w/ microfiber (drape + pull method)
>Step 4: Clay Bar entire vehicle
>Step 5: JetSeal (ChemicalGuys)
>Step 6: JetSeal again
>Step 7: Griots BOS Paste Wax

I have used 20-30 different waxes. I used to love Meguiar's stuff, but their Ultimate Liquid Wax leaves ugly streaks on everything with dark paint colors. I use Meguiars on interiors though. It is good stuff.

The Griots BOS Paste Wax is about $25 per tin. It does NOT last as long as competitor's waxes, but it seriously makes our cars shine and keeps the dust from building up.

I always run a paste wax over a sealant.

Wax: Every 90 days
Sealant: Every 180 days
Clay: Every 180 days (when sealant is reapplied)
>>
>>16215554

Me again. Don't let my method scare you off from maintaining your car. I use those methods on $80k vehicles.

Look up the "Law of Diminishing Returns."

Your 4hr Turtle Wax job vs my 40hr OCD detailing bonanza means fuck-all to the average driver. Both protected the paint. Both made the cars look good.

The only difference is that my methods mitigate swirls and superficial damage during the cleaning process and allow the protectants to last a little longer.
>>
>>16215554
He should use a polish before the sealant just to cut through paint
>>
>>16215586

It really depends on the condition of the paint. Good point though- if his paint needs some minor correction, that is definitely the right time to do it.
>>
>>16215603
>It really depends on the condition of the paint.
Unless its been polished recently, every paint needs ot
>>
>>16215427
Yea, Turtle Wax is bad. It's what you find in your shitty chain store.
>>
>>16215554
This is autistic as fuck but usually these type of people make their paint last for decades.
>>
>>16215554

Quality post, would agree w/again
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.