[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've searched and I can't find the answer, and Google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

I've searched and I can't find the answer, and Google isn't helping me much either.
I'm looking at an 2003-2007 Infiniti G35 (a few different ones) and they're all fairly high miles. Is there anyone with experience with these that can suggest anything specific I should be looking at, besides the obvious (what's in the stickies)?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479428609882.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479428609882.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>16214774
Yes

Pic related

I dint feel like typing tho
>>
>>16214876
Is there anything I should be looking for, as far as what might go wrong in the higher mileage cars. I'm talking like 170k+ in most of these. I'm not afraid of the miles, I'm just wanting to be more informed.
When will you feel like typing?
>>
3rd gear grind, 5th gear not going in. Oil burning, check exhaust tips for a lot of oil cake.

Seat tear near the corner where the seat back adjuster is, interior rattles, BOSE amp failing with loud clicking when turning on first thing.
>>
>>16214937
Ask Google. Ask me specific questions.
Your question is better suited for Google.

Check for oil leaks.
Check suspension to make sure tires are wearing evenly (if the suspension has been fucked with it will wear your tires on the inside and ride like shit)
Check engine codes. This thing's have more sensors and electronics than fucking NASA probe
>>
>>16214774
The Bose 6 speed CD charger is shit. If the CDs are stuck (like they usually are) you can either spend $400 to put in a half decent aftermarket one or fix the shitty bose for $250 but the problem will come back and you'll be without AC for a week. (The radio and AC controls are all one unit)
>>
power steering pump failure/leaks
window motors making loads of noise
bose sound system is GARBAGE (literally worse than a base)
seat motors dying
oil burning like all VQ

otherwise pretty strong motor with a solid car. it's heavy, quick enough, and pretty comfy
>>
File: IMG_20161116_095658.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161116_095658.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>16214774
Cars are fun af (assuming you get a manual) and the value is amazing.

They are heavy and slow (prepare to be passed by civic SIs)

They have very good torque in the low end tho

Oh, one more thing.

BEWARE OF CAM/CRANK POSITION SENSORS
>>
>>16214937
Why are you buying such high mileage? Stretching your little poorfag budget too far? Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
File: IMG_20161112_002452.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161112_002452.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>16214774
How much?

I just bought pic related for 5k in Florida.

Feels good to drive a skyline
>>
Thank you all for your suggestions, I never would've thought about checking engine codes.
>>16215065
Looking at a 2004 for 3k, it's got 174k miles.
>>
>>16215138
That seems fair. The engines are good for the miles but make sure you check compression.

Plenty of then make it to 300k+ on the original engine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.