[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many kilometres is too much for a stock turbo RB25 I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images-49.jpg (27KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-49.jpg
27KB, 443x332px
How many kilometres is too much for a stock turbo RB25
I found an r33 gtst with 250,000 at a ridiculously low price that leaves me room for a manual swap (hasnt been bouncing off redline as a drift car at least) and money to replace minor parts, but Id rather not find out most of the engine needs replacing though
I have a friend pretty well versed in them who thinks its fine because its been an auto as long as the test drive goes well and we are going to give it a very good inspection
>>
I literally have one leg and can't use a real clutch because of that. I've driven the piss out of all my car with an auto regardless. It being auto should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>16212790

https://youtu.be/dSXHjo3qJeM?t=7m17s

:)
>>
File: DSC_0092 - Copy.jpg (3MB, 6016x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0092 - Copy.jpg
3MB, 6016x4000px
>>16212557
As you said, if it's auto it shouldn't have been thrashed too bad. Should comp test it before buying though to make sure.
I have to wonder, do you have a prosthetic leg?
Here's my 33 for inspiration :)
>>
>>16212863
I'd be able to do it just fine with smaller feet. It's just that my ankle is static because metal so I can't push the clutch all the way in. I can drive stick on cars with really big comfy foot wells like a 190e.
>>
>>16212895
Comp test is a good point
>>
>>16212557
I don't know what your post said because I'm too busy masturbating to the R33.

(Pro tip: never have an image more interesting than your post.)
>>
>>16212557
RB25's are a relatively under-stressed engine in stock form, even at about 250k its probably a bit tired and would need a bit of love. Bit hard to tell without looking and hearing it
Also if you're going to do a manual conversion, the ECU on the auto is different.
>>
>>16214330
If it's the same as a z32 it will be the same but with two extra ports that are disabled after the swap
>>
>>16214330
The ECU is similar enough you can run it, it just idles higher
>>
>>16212557
Honestly being an auto if he has thrashed it, the motor will look like a manual at 100,000 thats been driven hard
The gearbox would be the fucked part more likely, and if youre manual swapping who cares..

Could be a steal dude
>>
>>16214481
That being said its a 20 year old car that has driven 250,000kms..
Dont expect it to be a camry
>>
>>16214408
Not sure, never fiddled with the wiring on an Z32. Seem to have done all the other shit but that

>>16214412
Bit of difference to the loom as well, but you can plug it in and not have to worry. However, the auto does tend to run about 5psi naturally and the manuals are a little under 8psi.
A lot of yoloskidlines also tend to have their solenoid bypassed, bore the guts out of the restrictor with a drill and run about 10+ though
>>
>>16212557
I wouldn't buy a known hoon car with 250,000km of thrashing on it, even if it was auto.

If it's auto it just means it's been revved like bambambam and then had D selected for maximum respect countless times and been manually shifted.
>>
>>16212557
Cool cars but you will have work to do on any of them, one of the 8-10k examples will still be thrashed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.