[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good books or online sources for a beginner who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: camaro.jpg (53KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
camaro.jpg
53KB, 640x391px
What are some good books or online sources for a beginner who wants to learn about cars? I don't know shit right now, but eventually I want to buy an old muscle car and actually be able to work on it.
>>
>>16209941
>sources for a beginner who wants to learn about cars?
Go to car shows. You don't even need to go to a big one, even a small one would work. Boomers might have some of the shittiest opinions in the world but they do know their shit when it comes to cars. Most of them are more than willing to help someone out. In the end they just enjoy old muscle cars and like to share their hobby.
>>
>>16209941
don't take any advice from here is all I can say
>>
>>16209941
> I don't know shit right now, but eventually I want to buy an old muscle car and actually be able to work on it.

Honestly, this humility is your best asset. You are on the road to greatness, grasshopper.

And find someone who needs help, ideally an old fucker who is restoring something. They love teaching young people the ropes. Pay attention because they don't teach well. Listen well.

Books are OK, but they are packaged to a certain group of people. They can't teach you the "oh shit, nobody does that" stuff.

You can spend half of your life burning your fingers. Or you can work for someone who knows how to operate a stove.
>>
>>16210210
>>16210162
What if you have no motoring enthusiast friends and are too autistic to talk to strangers?
>>
>>16210308
I'm assuming your not trolling, then youtube I guess? There are a lot of channels that show you how to do car work and restoration but the best experience will always be hands on. I can't even imagine rebuilding an engine by watching clips from youtube but that maybe your only hope. That or you actually go to a mechanics class at some specialty school.
>>
>>16210324
Yeah not OP but I never grew up with anyone to teach me about cars and never had friends much into it which I think is pretty important to learn this sort of thing.
I find doing something yourself is the best way to learn though. Any particular youtube channels you'd recommend?
>>
I learned a lot from reddit
>>
File: 1469412285452.png (243KB, 628x671px) Image search: [Google]
1469412285452.png
243KB, 628x671px
>>
Check your local community college. Most have vehicle shops with classes from basic maintenance to full on mechanic training. In most states it will cost you next to nothing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.