[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"DAMN GERMAN CAR!". Times your vehicle would not start,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: otherlibyan.gif (4MB, 853x459px) Image search: [Google]
otherlibyan.gif
4MB, 853x459px
For all those precious moments where you could not get the blasted auto to work.
>>
>>16208308
>drive RX7 for 7 years
>never failed once
Was the best car ive ever had
>>
>Have mid-90s Honda Accord

Has failed to start 3 times in 10 years. Twice it was the battery running out, and the third time the spark plugs needed to be changed. Fortunately this has always happened when the car was in the driveway.
>>
>2004 330d
>never failed to start
>had no problem starting it at -25°C
>diesel
feelsgoodman.jpeg
>>
Actually this only happened once and it was a dead battery from not driving long distance often enough.
>>
>>16208308

>Driving home from the beach
>redline every gear on straight
>4th gear, I'm getting no power and stall
>Car won't start
>Well shit
>Stuck in the middle of traffic
>Push myself to a side street
>Car cranks, cams turn but won't turn over
>No vacuum leaks as far as I can see
>Tap my fuel tank a few times
>No start

>Get towed home

>Open up my distributor to find a contact came off.

>replace and she works again
>>
Jeep MJ
I just toss a coin and if it comes up tails I assume it won't start. Been fairly accurate so far.
>>
>1998 Seat Ibiza 1.4
>rained heavily overnight
>drove through some deep puddles on my way home
>in the morning not even one turnover
>pop bonnet
>pool of water ontop of the fucking battery

i still don't get it.
>>
>Been driving grandpa's old '89 Accord for a couple weeks
>Just over 400K miles
>Car had been parked in a warehouse for 3 years or so
>Fresh gas/oil
>Car is parked in the driveway
>First rain of the year overnight
>Come out in the morning, car won't start
>Call AAA and have it towed to a mechanic
>Bum a ride to work

>Get call later from mechanic
>He's laughing
>Says it needed new plugs/wires
>He'd gotten the car started and found it'd stall if he sprayed water on the plug wires
>Laughing because he was curious and had to know
>He'd cleaned the grime off the old plug wires to see how old they were

The car still had the original fucking plug wires in it. This was a MY 1989 car, in 2010.
>>
>>16208308
Oh, thaaaaaaaaaat's what that guy said. I've wondered about that for like 20 years. Thanks OP.
>>
>>16208590

Welcome.

You can barely hear it, but he does go, "Damn German Car" (just before that, the first terrorist goes, "Damn Soviet Gun.")
>>
File: 1465847085099.jpg (110KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
1465847085099.jpg
110KB, 759x508px
>rav4
>left it outside because I had to take it out next morning
>night was cold
>got out early
>car wouldn't start
>figure it's the battery since the car has been sitting pmuch for 3 years with the occational drive, in hot summers and scalding cold winters
>mfw have to push this 1.7 ton fucking vehicle and steer it up a slight incline on a bumpy brick road
>somehow manage to get it near the garage and charge it
>back hurts for solid week making it impossible to do anything

And that's how I descided to get an sw20
>>
5x (within a day)
Starter had died after 15 years.

Damn german vehicle.
>>
yes in my mustang a lot. Thank you ferd and your tfi modules
>>
>>16208564
I got 1990 peugeot and have everything original. Still works even with my sadistic beating
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.